Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Boys (Amazon) TV Show • Page 9

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by tvck, Jun 26, 2019.

1. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

y’all are insufferable lol

2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

That show might not have been so bad if that character didn't exist

Zilla and FlayedManOfSF like this.
  3. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

Kinda sick of fictional shows taking shots at her just because she's young, smart, and ambitious. It's so dumb.

4. Victor Eremita Oct 13, 2020
    (Last edited: Oct 13, 2020)
    Victor Eremita

Not here. Isn't happening. Supporter

I don’t think this show is taking a shot at her or progressives or anything, at least not yet. But they set this character up as this anti-corporate young bold progressive in politics and there’s obviously a lot more to her character after the reveal in the last episode. Who knows where they go with it, I just hope there doesn’t end up being a “radical left” group of villains but again I obviously don’t know where the story is going.

Zilla likes this.
  5. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

It still would have been bad because almost every character sucked.

Henry likes this.
  6. phaynes12

atlas likes this.
  7. Eric Kripke (the showrunner) was on The Watch podcast this week and he did discuss AOC a bit.

phaynes12 likes this.
  8. phaynes12

it appears pretty obvious that they’re modeling the character after her

that doesn’t mean they’re both sides-ing anything or that they’re .... implying AOC sucks or something? the arguments made in this thread are borderline incomprehensible lol

coleslawed and Whalejaw like this.
  9. Victor Eremita

Not here. Isn't happening. Supporter

Maybe because nobody is making that argument? I think most of us just said we hope it doesn’t go that direction. It’s not that big of a deal.

Importer/Exporter likes this.
  10. Importer/Exporter

he’ll live forever in the sound of broken glass Supporter

I think i made a joke about them making the AOC stand-in bad because she chased out Amazon with a stick, and a bunch of people decided i was being 100% genuine

11. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

do not joke on this website

12. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Just finished.

Now I’m really mad I got into this show at the start of this season. I need more. The girl team up at the end was spectacular.

13. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Fuck Fresca

14. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Girls do get it done

15. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

I hope they keep having The Deep being a secondary punching bag for the entire series. Just failed redemption arc after failed redemption arc

16. Marx&Recreation Oct 23, 2020
    (Last edited: Oct 23, 2020)
    Marx&Recreation

Trusted

I’m curious what limits there are to Neuman’s power. Obviously she has to physically see her victim, but in-person?

Also they totally forgot about the woman who escaped from the psych ward that had a similar power. I could see her being a plotline that gets wrapped up in the first half of next season as a way to transition to the bigger climax, similar to the role of Kimiko’s brother this season

17. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

I'm loving this, mad I slept on it for so long. Karen Fukuhara's ability to convey so much with just her face is incredible.

18. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

just finished up season one last night. really enjoyed it. some problems with the way they write women, but a friend told me that it gets way better in the second season. excited to start the second season at some point!

19. I wonder if the first season attracted the anti-SJW lot, and whether the second season pissed them off.

soggytime likes this.
  20. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

I thought the first season made it pretty clear that the Supes were politically right wing. All the evangelical stuff wasn’t exactly subtle lol

SpyKi, trevorshmevor and phaynes12 like this.
  21. soggytime

Trusted

The anti-SJW lot also isn't self aware enough to notice until a season where a character is a literal nazi

22. I watched a bit of the after-show just to see Erin and Karen out of character, but it's actually pretty entertaining; Aisha's a fun host.

23. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

finished the second season last night. really enjoyed it. the seventh episode's opening was jaw dropping and just way too on-point. also, all the suggestions of war between the government and Vought and who can be trusted was hitting too close to home with everything going on since the election. the second season was way better than the first season, imo, even if the show still relies a little too heavily on tropes for my taste.

not to rehash the AOC conversation, but...

by the end of the second season's finale, it seems like everything is almost entirely resolved BESIDES all the heads blowing up. that was the one loose end, and I know they needed a big reveal, but it was just a touch disappointing that it was the AOC character? I was kinda just like, why did it have to be this character? they couldn't have just introduced a new character? I don't know. it threw me off. I don't think she will necessarily be the villain of the third season (and I don't really don't think they're playing a "both sides are evil" angle), but the way they zoom out of her office and her discussion with Hughie definitely made it feel that way. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

24. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

They can’t make a “both sides are bad” argument because there is a clear good side and it is the side of the protagonists. They have their own issues but the show never denies that their ultimate goal is correct.

The AOC character is to me, clearly a case of “this person was never actually on the good side, but a deep undercover agent of the bad side.” That’s not at all the same thing as “both sides are bad”

25. phaynes12

it's insane how confounding a relatively straightforward storyline is to this many people