Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Boys (Amazon) TV Show • Page 8

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by tvck, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Importer/Exporter

he’ll live forever in the sound of broken glass Supporter

that’s basically where i am. Figured they’d just say that at the presser. can’t imagine someone coming back from that, but yeah she can heal herself so idk

2. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

man. so fucking good. next season confirmed yet? the show is huge for amazon so I'm sure it has a check to run however long Kripke wants

3. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

yeah, it's been renewed for season 3 and a spinoff

4. phaynes12

no, i know. just can't see it going any shorter than 6 or 7

5. Henry

Moderator Moderator

That Death Proof scene lol

6. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Regarding Stormfront's fate, from Kripke

No, she’s not dead! She’s Stumpfront! She’s a stumpy little Nazi. She’s actually not dead. What we thought was interesting is, if you remember, she ages very, very slowly. So the best poetic ending for that character is someone who so believed in some kind of pure race finds herself mutilated and having to live with it for potentially centuries felt like a fate worse than death for her. So no, Stumpfront is not dead. Hashtag Stumpfront lives!

trevorshmevor likes this.
  7. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

8. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Well that was a great episode. I like the twist at the end. Also give homelander the Emmy please.

mike1885 and I Am Mick like this.
  9. Victor Eremita

Not here. Isn't happening. Supporter

I’m a little worried about what they did with the AOC-like character. Hope they don’t try to “both sides” the political aspects of the show.

xapplexpiex likes this.
  10. phaynes12

like i said yesterday, seeing who is involved in the making of the show, i find the chances of that happening pretty close to zero

Victor Eremita likes this.
  11. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Seth has been pretty good on the political spectrum and Kripke did a great job maturing Supernatural into something a lot less macho and more progressive. I'm cool with who is working the project and don't see them having ill intentions.

phaynes12 likes this.
  12. Importer/Exporter

The politics of this show have been some of the best I’ve seen on tv. I truly haven’t seen any “both-sides” nonsense so far, so i don’t expect that to happen here. At most, they might do some more “you can’t trust the process/elected officials” type stuff, which, given history ..... isn’t a bad message.

i can’t wait to see what they make headpopper’s story with more focus on that character.

13. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I thought the same thing

14. I liked the second season a lot more than the first. Did something change? With like, the people who make it? It was a lot less shocking for the sake of being shocking this season, and surprisingly progressive politically.

smowashere likes this.
  15. Importer/Exporter

Agreed it was a big step up. I genuinely looked forward to it each week.

16. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Some interesting hints at what’s to come in season 3 regarding Aya Cash, it’s from an interview with Kripke but I’ll spoiler tag in case

Speaking of Stormfront, Amazon recently announced that Jensen Ackles is joining the cast in Season 3 as a WWII era supe named Solider Boy. Do he and Stormfront know each other?

Kripke: You're asking a good question, so it'd be silly to lie. Yes, he knew her when she was Liberty. There's a history of Vought that we're starting to map out because Soldier Boy has been a mainstay of Vought for decades. He was like John Wayne there, and so as a result, we're writing the history of Vought and how all the characters weave in together. And yeah, now Liberty is definitely a part of that.
    _______

sounds like Aya Cash will still be in season 3, playing Liberty in flash backs.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  17. soggytime

Trusted

The AV Club review basically got annoyed at the whole “both sides” angle. Now that I’ve seen the finale I disagree on that take

18. Importer/Exporter

Same. Not at all what they’re trying to set up, is my guess.

19. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I'm not against them pointing out the hypocrisy and self serving nature of a politician.

The constant "she's clearly meant to be AOC" also doesn't totally sit well with me.

20. Importer/Exporter

Right, i doubt they’re going to say the left is as bad as nazis, i think they might just be setting up the narrative that every branch of American power is corrupt.

21. atlas

Trusted

Or, hear me out, we wait until next season to decide fully what a character that’s had like 20 minutes of screen time is supposed to represent

22. Importer/Exporter

Lol no?

23. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

It's shitty that there's so few younger female politicians getting news coverage that a young fictional congresswoman is immediately inferred to be a stand in for AOC. If that was a male character, this wouldn’t be a conversation in the least.

Furry Werthers, Cameron and phaynes12 like this.
  24. Victor Eremita

Not here. Isn't happening. Supporter

Well the general similarities are enough to conclude they modeled her after AOC but they gave it away with the walk like an Egyptian dance reference. They definitely wanted us to think about the connection so I don’t know what the issue is.

25. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Not quite as bad or obvious as the AOC character in “Space Force.” But the parallel was definitely there.