Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Boys (Amazon) TV Show • Page 16

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by tvck, Jun 26, 2019.

1. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

yeah this season was fantastic up until the finale, idk how it can feel stale week to week when herogasm was two weeks ago

2. Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

The Black Noir stuff was such a letdown

PauLo likes this.
  3. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

Yeah homelander has always been the villain. I am really excited for next season for him and ryan teaming up and how him and Vaught spin him lazering the protestor. Neuman's currently head of the hero investigation department and now we have america's #1 hero killing a civilian in public and her and homelander have a sort of pact together. Butcher has to fight ryan at some point as well. Next season is the last one, right?

coleslawed and SpyKi like this.
  4. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

Thought the finale was pretty underwhelming. Nothing with Frenchie or Kimiko has interested me at all and the "resolution" to Kimiko's arc doesn't really line up with the season's overall message. Killing Noir like that was definitely shocking, but I don't think it was in a good way. I am excited for what they do with Ryan next season, though. Having Butcher's scorched earth methods directly cause the next big potential threat without it just being a "new guy is worse than the old guy" thing was a good move

5. I think the finale and the constant resetting every season dampened my over all enjoyment becAuse yes 1-7 were pretty good

6. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I just don't see it as resetting at all, there's clearly progression every season but there's also small season long arcs that get finished. Perfect way to do a tv show in my opinion.

7. That’s fair - maybe I should rewatch it again when I’m not so sleep deprived haha

phaynes12 and SpyKi like this.
  8. phaynes12

oh it definitely feels like a reset a bit to me. season 2 brought in a new major big bad who got dealt with in the finale and set up homelander to be a major problem for season 3 and season 3 brought in a new major big bad who got dealt with in the finale and set up homelander to be a major problem for season 4.

i kinda thought homelander was either gonna die and get replaced by soldier boy as a much bigger problem thay splits the team or homelander lost his powers due to basically what happened to maeve, both of which would have been more interesting imo

9. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

But Homelander has always been the big bad. Soldier Boy was meant to help them take him down and it failed, I never once got the impression he was gonna become the new main villain of the show.

I think Homelander slowly finding that he can let his evil self out into the public and still be loved by the people is more interesting than either of those ideas. I would have been so bummed if he died or lost his powers.

Maybe I just find Homelander more interesting than you guys, haha. He's always been the centre of the show to me.

mattfreaksmeout and stvvvn like this.
  10. phaynes12

sure, you just expect a show to evolve season to season and it’s literally at the same place, more or less, as it was after the last season finale

Helloelloallo and TEGCRocco like this.
  11. Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

12. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

It’s tough because Anthony Starr is so good and I love watching him but making Homelander the big bad season after season is going to get boring if it isn’t already.

also Ryan fucking sucks and more of him in the show is a bad thing

NJPunkMusic and imthesheriff like this.
  13. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Yeah I don't want to see more Ryan lol

NJPunkMusic and imthesheriff like this.
  14. I guess it will be interesting to see Ryan get indoctrinated by Homelander. I don't think the kid's done a good job so far in the role, though. I miss having Shantel on the show.

Also did they really bring in Jensen but not have him interact with Jim Beaver at all? Missed fanservice opportunity.

15. Helloelloallo

Trusted Supporter

Interesting ending. Not sure where we go for 4. Not wowed but not disappointed. The plot went unexpected places, but I have to digest before saying if that's good or bad.

Importer/Exporter likes this.
  16. PauLo

43% Burnt

This season had been so good until that last episode. It wasn’t bad, just disappointing. As soon as it became clear that Soldier Boy wasn’t going to kill/de-power Homelander, it just felt like they were setting up the next season and it took me out of it.

dqwinny and imthesheriff like this.
  17. Importer/Exporter

he’ll live forever in the sound of broken glass Supporter

Yeah. I guess that’s how i felt about it too. That arc and Black Noir’s arc were just fell so flat.

Victor Eremita likes this.
  18. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Also Butcher passing up the opportunity to kill Homelander instead of just forcefully getting Ryan out of there is real dumb. Felt like a lazy cop out

phaynes12 likes this.
  19. Importer/Exporter

I feel like he just realized in that moment that protecting Ryan like he told Becca he would meant stopping Soldier Boy.

Cameron, dylan and coleslawed like this.
  20. Importer/Exporter

I actually do like the Ryan turn. Butcher pushing him into Homelanders arms is a good knife twist kinda moment.

dylan, coleslawed and Maverick like this.
  21. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

I feel like Maeve should have tackled Homelander into Soldier Boy as he was powering up, de-powering herself and Homelander, leaving Ryan to become Homelander 2.0 on his own.

also agree with the sentiment that we’re back where we were at the end of last season. Neumann was set up to be a bigger threat at the end of S2 only to be sidelined pretty quickly by Soldier Boy and then be set up as a big antagonist again this last episode.

Nick, mattav152 and phaynes12 like this.
  22. It's like they were already headed in this direction and just took a huge detour

imthesheriff and coleslawed like this.
  23. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I don’t understand wanting a depowered Homelander. That’d be interesting for like an episode and a half and then it’d just get old and have no impact cus they’d obviously find a way to give him his power back again.

For me the entire tension of this show is knowing that at some point, inevitably, Homelander is going to murder thousands if not millions. To me he is legit one of the scariest antagonists I’ve seen on a show.

I also don’t agree it was a full reset. Neuman has advanced her plans further and I think the show uses her just the right amount because she’s kind of the mystery - what is her actual endgame beyond just power? We’ve got Ryan in an extremely different place than he was at the start of this season. Butcher now has an expiration date which is going to be interesting to see play out (will it humanize him or make him even more fanatical trying to finish off Homelander before he dies). And also Soldier Boy is very much alive and definitely not done on this show.

There’s a clear arc to the season that was wrapped up nicely, but I’m left wanting so much more. This is pretty easily my favorite show currently running right now

dylan, SpyKi, coleslawed and 3 others like this.
  24. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I'm not sure I understand why they negated The Deep's entire redemption arc. It felt like he was going to a good place and then murders a politician? Ehhhh

25. Pseudo!

Regular

Lol redemption for the deep what

Contender, DrAlanGrant, SpyKi and 4 others like this.