Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Bouncing Souls Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Full Effect Ed, May 2, 2016.

1. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Tour dates are starting to pop-up for the 30th anniversary tour (and it looks like it'll be running all year). Pre-orders for the new EP, Crucial Moments and the book of the same title are live too!

Track listing for the new EP:

1. Crucial Moments
    2. 1989
    3. Favorite Everything
    4. Here's To Us
    5. 4th Avenue Sunrise
    6. Home

2. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

Touring with The Bronx and Swingin’ Utters? Fuckin' count my ass in.

3. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

3F85EBE5-2618-4923-8292-52C2582BBF44.jpeg

alkalinexandy likes this.
  4. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

A little bummed I have to wait until December (presumably) for them to hit up Boston, but I'm hoping the Stoked for the Summer line-up is good enough that it makes me want to make the trip down to Asbury Park again.

5. Full Effect Ed

I’m surprised they’re playing the Fillmore on the final date (my local date). That place holds like 3,500 people

6. Full Effect Ed

New single on Spotify

7. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I feel like late December is probably a relatively light touring time for most bands. I've noticed some of the bigger venues here book bands they wouldn't normally around that time just because... Something is better than nothing. Could be that.

There's also a noticeable lack of NYC on those tour dates. Part of me is now wondering if they'll be part of the 25th anniversary Warped Tour thing.

8. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

New song is solid. Very stoked to see them at Grog Shop although wish we got OWTH instead of Utters

Hope we get the Stoked For Summer lineup soon!

Preordered the book bundle

9. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Crucial Moments EP fucking rips

10. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

The EP is very good. Been jamming it like crazy.

11. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Man, this EP is so damn good... And the accompanying book is phenomenal as well! Glad I purchased both.

Still really curious about the openers (and the pre-shows!) for Stoked for the Summer too. Y'know. Other than the Bosstones.

Hot Water Music has two New Jersey shows in April at a 500-cap venue that haven't sold out. I think they're out, unfortunately.

I think there's a strong chance that Strike Anywhere and the Explosion wind up playing the main show or the pre-show (especially with the show they all played in Jersey City this past weekend). I was also guessing Dave Hause would be somehow involved... And he's playing Sea Hear Now in September. So maybe the Loved Ones? Would make sense. Especially if the Explosion played.

I'm also crossing my fingers for Lifetime. Long-time buds and Ari's been hanging with Bryan and Pete with Beach Rats...

Or maybe I'm just being too optimistic/over-excited?

smoke4thecaper and JaytotheGee like this.
  12. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

The Loved Ones would be so sick

13. Full Effect Ed

Lifetime for sure would be rad. Also this new ep is seriously their best material in over a decade.

alkalinexandy and JaytotheGee like this.
  14. Full Effect Ed

They should get The Arsons to reunite too. I miss that band.

15. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Given how tight they are with Dave (and how much they toured with the Loved Ones) I think there's a good shot at this happening. Especially with a Dave solo set probably being out of the question given his spring and fall shows.

I think the Explosion are pretty likely too (given how close the two bands are--and the fact that they played a surprise set this past weekend) which ups the odds of the Loved Ones.

Without a doubt, it's their best! They just feel so... Refreshed.

I would lose my mind if LIfetime played.

16. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Man, now y’all got me excited for Lifetime and the Explosion (and the Loved Ones, duh)!

I’m also really loving the EP. Songs flow well together, sound terrific, and have a real palpable energy to them. The book is unbelievably well crafted—love the super glossy pages and layout. Really cool idea that I hope more bands of their ilk adopt for their own celebratory books!

17. Anthony_

So cool

JaytotheGee likes this.
  18. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I want that very bad!

19. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

it would turn out that i enjoy this band

JaytotheGee likes this.
  20. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Did anybody else do the Hopeless Romantics Club acoustic thing for the 30th anniversary tour last year? Got my MP3s from the Boston show last night, and man what a fun set: True Believers, That Song, Lean On Sheena, Manthem, Gone

Really awesome to have this memory permanently captured.

21. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Really bummed I didn't do this at my date

22. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Well. Looks like they've signed to Pure Noise. New single up on Bandcamp!

It's a different vibe than the last EP, but fuck is it great! It's slower, and largely acoustic driven... But it still has an urgency to it. And it's catchy.

I know they were doing an acoustic/unplugged record with Will Yip, so maybe this is just a one-off from that session. But here's hoping for more to come in the near future!

23. Anthony_

It’s streaming also, up on Apple Music

24. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Weird signing for sure. Seems like Pure Noise is dipping back into some older punk signings now with Strike Anywhere as well. Not a bad thing though curious to see who else ends up there. I will say I'm happy to see them off Rise

The EP they just recorded with Yip was an acoustic EP so I'm assuming this song is on it? Could also be a stand alone though. But here's a quote from Pete:

"We were in the studio when the pandemic was just beginning to get a head of steam. There were so many question marks and no one really knew what was going on, this song came out of that moment. It came out of the question marks and the not knowing. This is a song to acknowledge how upside down the world seems to be in these times, and it’s a song about keeping the light in sight."

25. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Hah! I said the same exact thing to a friend of mine at like, 1am last night when this song got posted... Between them and Strike Anywhere, PureNoise looks like they're going the Rise Records route at this point. Also of note: It looks like Masked Intruder is off their roster. Curious to see where they go next. Probably just back to Fat, hah! To be honest, part of me wishes the Souls would just go to Fat Wreck, or hop back on Epitaph.

I think the song is going to be a one-off. They did something similar with that song "Battlefields" a while back, where a song was recorded sorta "in the moment" because of what they were feeling at the time... And it's not really a full-on acoustic track.

When they did the Hopeless Romantics Club set in Boston, Greg mentioned they were re-working some of their old songs for an acoustic record. So my assumption would be it's just going to be a bunch of old stuff. But maybe they'll throw some new tracks in there a la the old "greatest hits bonus track" trick.

I'm excited to see what's next!

...Not so excited about them probably not playing any shows in 2020, though. I miss them.

JaytotheGee likes this.