Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Bouncing Souls Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Full Effect Ed, May 2, 2016.

1. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

Let's talk about one of the best bands to hail from New Jersey..

Their tenth studio album, "Simplicity", will be released July 29th

jorbjorb and bd007h like this.
  2. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

Love them. "Anchors Away" is one of my favs.

3. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

How I Spent My Summer Vacation is a classic.

4. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Just got two-day passes, and booked a motel for those Stoked For The Summer shows. Super stoked for the line-up...

[​IMG]

5. Dumpweed182

Shut Up

Forever awesome.

6. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

That Summer Stage date line-up is insane. I would seriously love to get there. I'm taking the Bar exam on the 26th/27th though so I'm afraid I'll be literally too burnt out to go.

7. Jake Z

Regular

Always meant to get into these guys. I assume start with Summer Vacation and Anchors?

8. jorbjorb

7 rings

those 2 albums are classic bouncing souls but my favourite of theres is the gold record. unbelievable.

9. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Those two are definitely considered by most to be the "classics," but I dig all of their releases. Depends on what you're into. If you're a big fan of the Gaslight Anthem? Might want to start with The Gold Record.

10. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Really stoked about the shows in Jersey this week, and more importantly... Eagerly awaiting an album stream! Or a leak! Or something! Four more days...

11. Anthony_

The new album is so good. Just classic Souls through and through. Glad these guys are still doing us proud back in Jersey.

12. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

[​IMG]

alkalinexandy likes this.
  13. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Thinking about hitting that

14. Anthony_

I want to go to there

15. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

That's a pretty sweet line-up! If they add an indoor show with a second line-up the night before... I'd definitely be in!

Jersey's way too for me to drive just for the one night.

16. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

They're in the studio with Will Yip!

Very stoked

17. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I'm not generally huge on Yip, but after the way that Menzingers album came out? I think this could be good for the Souls.

The last two albums were good, but they felt a little "flat," like the band was just going through the motions (if that makes sense). An outside influence that they aren't so familiar with (and who doesn't produce their "style" of music regularly) might do them some good!

18. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Yip has been on a roll lately. Always down for some new Souls! (Now if they could just make a Seattle stop on the next tour...)

19. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah if they can make a record with Yip even close to as good ATP then I'm very stoked

20. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Also this made me laugh out loud

21. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

He does a certain sound really well, but when he deviates from that, I usually find the results a bit on the "blunted." But again, that Menzingers record came out really fucking great. I just hope they push themselves a bit, and write something really urgent and of the moment.

Regardless, I can't complain about seeing the Souls! They've been touring less the last few years, but they always manage to find their way here! I was honestly convinced that 2018 would be the year I didn't see them at all but then... Camp Punk in Drublic in Ohio, Cranking & Skanking Fest here in MA this weekend, and then Riot Fest in September.

I'm down with it.

smoke4thecaper likes this.
  22. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Have you listened to Former Member yet? Yip on drums and the boards; Shevchuk on guitars and vocals. That record sounds good too! He made a rather big impression with The Menz for me as well; it’s only earned him more work!

23. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

Of course they’re in the studio recording a new record, next year’s their 30th anniversary! Gonna be nice to see them do at least one more big tour. Since last year they’ve only been doing random 3 date weekend stints. Pete and Greg are fathers now and I know Bryan’s got his new tattoo shop in Neptune City. I just fear they announce their breakup after next year.

24. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

It's downloaded, but that's one of those "want to sit and digest it all at once" albums so it's taken me a while to get there...

Related: Icons came out pretty well too, and now that you say it? I'm pretty sure that Menzingers record might be why the Souls went with Yip on this one!

Here's hoping it invigorates them...

Maybe I'm too optimistic, but I kinda feel like they're in that Lawrence Arms camp where they won't ever break-up... They'll just slow it down (which is where they're at).

I wouldn't be shocked if there were a hiatus on the horizon, though. They can do that guilt-free and come back in a few years... I'd be sad about that. But yeah, I just don't see them ever breaking up completely/for good.

25. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I'd be devestated but I also don't see that happening anytime soon. I feel like after next year there will be an extended break

Stoked for The Summer is bound to be epic next year though with it being their 30 year anniversary