Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Book Thread Book • Page 90

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I read a pre-release copy of this a few months back and I honestly kept forgetting it was fictional.

2. davidsalata

hello

3. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

4. picked up the new Colson Whitehead today

also i hit the rewards threshold at my local store today and i feel accomplished but also a little ashamed but also i get 20 bucks so???

5. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

^ oddly enough picked up The Underground Railroad by C. Whitehead today. May read that next!

Last week I read Behind Closed Doors by B.A. Paris. I really enjoyed this one. It’s brutal and can be a tough read because it’s straight up abusive and controlling. However, I flew through it and enjoyed myself. I picked up The Breakdown by the same author.

This week I just finished The Perfect Stranger by Megan Miranda. Still trying to flesh out how I feel about this author. This book was sloppy. I honestly didn’t even really understand the point of the ending.

@Colby Searcy I ordered The Fourth Monkey online so it’ll be in my rotation once it arrives!

jordalsh and Colby Searcy like this.
  6. Railroad has been sitting on my shelf for a while, might pick it up after Nickel Boys (which I'm already halfway through—it's really good). I was excited to read the latter because I was familiar with the story it's based on (I remember one of the reporters who broke the Dozier school story again did a talk at my college back when it happened) and the excerpt i read a few months ago was very powerful stuff

Donnie Ruth likes this.
  7. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

You're in for a treat. Might as well pick up #2-3 as well haha!

I'm slowly working my way through Lock Every Door, hopefully I'll finish in early next week

Donnie Ruth likes this.
  8. eagles1139

Regular

Reading Underground Railroad now, it's amazing IMO. Got his new one waiting for when I finish this one, and I think I might go through his bibliography after that.

jordalsh likes this.
  9. drewinseries

Drew

Blake Crouch readers,

For my next read, should I do Recursion first, or Dark Matter?

10. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Reading Anne of Green Gables for the first time and enjoying it. Got it for free on my Kindle with Prime.

11. Nickel Boys knocked me on my ass in the final act. incredible book

12. dlemert

Trusted

I read Dark Matter first and Recursion immediately after, and I'm glad I did it in this order. They are not related at all story-wise but I enjoyed Recursion more.

drewinseries likes this.
  13. drewinseries

Drew

Right on, I started Dark Matter a few days ago, so that seems to be the route i'm following.

dlemert likes this.
  14. Colby Searcy

@Donnie Ruth I FINALLY finished Lock Every Door! I liked it, I think this is my favorite of his, liked the story better than the last 2. The ending was absolutely bonkers!

drewinseries and Donnie Ruth like this.
  15. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I tried to keep my review very subtle because even if you kind of predict certain elements ... that ending was bonkers and pretty damn fucked up. I loved that. Glad you enjoyed it!!

Colby Searcy likes this.
  16. drewinseries

Drew

I got that for my book of the month this month. Excited to start it.

Hoping that The Possession, the second novel in The Anomaly Files series from Michael Rutger makes it to August BOTM.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  17. dlemert

Trusted

The Anomaly Files was soooo good and I didn't know he wrote a sequel, gonna have to check this out!

drewinseries likes this.
  18. drewinseries

Drew

19. dlemert

Trusted

drewinseries likes this.
  20. Colby Searcy

Have you read either of Riley's other 2?

21. Colby Searcy

For sure! Did you start 4th Monkey yet?? :teethsmile:

22. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Still awaiting the delivery! According to Amazon it could be delivered anytime today to the 31st lol.

23. drewinseries

Drew

24. Colby Searcy

Lock Every Door was my personal favorite and imo his best.

If you enjoy that I'd say give them a shot but I have very strong feelings towards his first book, Final Girls, and wouldn't want that to affect your enjoyment of it haha.

25. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

05640529-1FD4-4856-94BF-BEA4C56D6FCF.jpeg

Oh shit it arrived today! I’ll be reading this once I finish the current book I’m reading (The Breakdown by B.A. Paris)! I’m excited!

Colby Searcy and Texas Flood like this.