Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Book Thread Book • Page 73

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. omg keep us updated! I loved this book but fuck does it hurt

johnnyutes and 5Stories like this.
  2. yeknom

CEO/Shelob Supporter

It's definitely worth it. And, yeah, the physical aspects are experience enhancing; but the story is very interesting and creepy.

3. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

at around page 700 of The Way of Kings and have been loving it so far. Every Kaladin chapter is such a joy to read. Are the rest of the books of the same quality?

4. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I say this with 100% sincerity: they're even better by a large margin.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  5. GBlades

Trusted

When you finish WoK you probably won't agree but the books progressively get better. Although admittedly I preferred Way of Kings to Words of Radiance. Oathbringer was an absolute avalanche.

matthaber likes this.
  6. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

I'll echo that they continue to get better

matthaber likes this.
  7. matthaber

Well I guess I wont be reading authority next, sounds like I should jump straight into book 2

Garrett L. likes this.
  8. GBlades

Trusted

Is this your first Cosmere book or have you read Mistborn? I wish I could read these books again for the first time.

9. Garrett

I wish I could read The Hero of Ages for the first time again

GBlades likes this.
  10. GBlades

Trusted

That whole Mistborn trilogy was the greatest gutpunch of my life.

Garrett L. likes this.
  11. matthaber

First Brandon Sanderson Novel tbh. I’m a massive fan of massive sprawling epic which is why I jumped straight into way of kings. I’ll 100% be doing the rest of the cosmere books

GBlades, Vivatoto and Garrett L. like this.
  12. matthaber

Im really excited to eventually get to Mistborn + Warbreaker but i just have a massive back log of books right now so itll be a while lol. Still gotta finish up Way of Kings, then do the last 2 book in the southern reach trilogy, The Familiar vol 5 (which ive been too afraid of reading ever since the series was cancelled) and the other two Stormlight Archive novels. This doesnt even include the literal hundreds of comics books i want to read at all times. THERES JUST TOO MUCH TO READ.

GBlades likes this.
  13. yeknom

CEO/Shelob Supporter

Today a friend of mine sent me a message with a book recommendation to check out, and I just wanted to say "DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY BOOKS I NEED TO READ BEFORE I LOOK AT THIS ONE!".

danielm123 and matthaber like this.
  14. GBlades

Trusted

Good thing is that these are constant books and his release schedule is insane. Thing with Sanderson is about 80% of the way through he just hits you with so much epic adventure and lore that you need to read the rest.

My to be read pile is ridiculous too and I keep adding to it thinking I'll do it all one day but I know I won't....

danielm123 likes this.
  15. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

damn I need to get back on Mistborn. I flatlined there and haven't touched it in weeks. Not a condemnation of the book, which is fantastic, just sort of where my life is right now

16. GBlades

Trusted

I reread everything then got to the Wax and Wayne books and had to take a break .blasting though Paul Tremblay right now. A Head Full of Ghosts is fantastic .

angrycandy likes this.
  17. matthaber

part 1 of Words of Radiance has me SHOOK

Garrett L. and GBlades like this.
  18. GBlades

Trusted

Always good to see a bit of Sanderson love.

19. Garrett

The last eight hours of the audiobook I paced in a circle stress eating.

20. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

The Secret Teachings of All Ages and The Corpus Hermeticum. Sort of using the former as a companion piece for the latter. Really mind blowing stuff but not for everyone - this is probably the third time I've come back to these pieces to try and read them and it's finally clicking ngl experiencing dmt really helped with that. I have Carl Jung's Symbols of Transformation on the backburner as well, I'm sort of bouncing between these books as needed.

21. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

22. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

my Kindle delivered today!

23. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

Nice did you get the new paperwhite?

24. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

yep!i'm excited to mess with it

25. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I'm about to buy the Beastie Boys Book audiobook, narrated by:

Steve Buscemi, Ada Calhoun, Bobby Cannavale, Exene Cervenka, Roy Choi, Jarvis Cocker, Elvis Costello, Chuck D, Nadia Dajani, Michael Diamond, Snoop Dogg, Will Ferrell, Crosby Fitzgerald, Randy Gardner, Kim Gordon, Josh Hamilton, Adam Horovitz, LL Cool J, Spike Jonze, Pat Kiernan, Talib Kweli, Dave Macklovitch, Rachel Maddow, Tim Meadows, Bette Midler, Mix Master Mike, NAS, Yoshimi O, Rosie Perez, Amy Poehler, Kelly Reichardt, John C. Reilly, Ian Rogers, Maya Rudolph, Rev Run, Luc Sante, Kate Schellenbach, MC Serch, Chloe Sevigny, Jon Stewart, Ben Stiller, Wanda Sykes, Jeff Tweedy and Philippe Zdar.

What the fuck.

ChaseTx and awakeohsleeper like this.