Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Book Thread Book • Page 67

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Don’t apologize, I was just wondering if I’m being annoying because I’m repeating myself haha

2. GBlades

Trusted

No no. Not at all. I'll take a look more in depth when I'm doing my overtime tomorrow, give me something to do haha

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  3. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

I can't help you out much on horror but here's some of all time favorite books

A short history of nearly everything - Bill Bryson
    The things they carried - Tim O'Brien
    Shantaram - Gregory David Roberts
    Into Thin Air - John Krakauer
    And about a dozen Stephen King books (The Stand, IT, The dark Tower series, 11/22/63 etc etc)

GBlades likes this.
  4. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

5. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Past two weeks I flew threw Sharp Objects and Dark Places from Gillian Flynn and also The Woman in the Window by AJ Finn. Good three reads.

I currently am reading See What I Have Done by Sarah Schmidt which is a fictionalized version of the Lizzie Borden murders. Pumped!

Colby Searcy likes this.
  6. travisred

Trusted Supporter

Finally got around to buying and starting The Terror last night and I'm already sold. Only a few chapters in but so far it's a lot more accessible than I thought it'd be. Simmons has already created some great and distinct voices for the characters. I'm in.

7. GBlades

Trusted

Amazon tend to do good deals. I missed out on the Brandon Sanderson deal they had yesterday where the full Mistborn and Stormlight series were 99p each.

Simmons is a fantastic writer. The only things I have read are Hyperion and Summer Nights and those are incredible. I loved the tv series of The Terror so I'd like to read the book at some stage.

8. travisred

Trusted Supporter

I really wanted to watched the series which is one of the main reasons I decided to pick up the book. But if everything of his is this well written then I'll hop on the Hyperion series as well.

9. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

I read The Terror in like 2 days. For a 700+ page book I was pretty surprised I flew through it so fast but I loved pretty much every page of that book. Still need to read some more of his stuff.

Vivatoto likes this.
  10. The Lucky Moose Aug 1, 2018
    (Last edited: Aug 2, 2018)
    The Lucky Moose

11. GBlades

Trusted

How was it? Have you seen the show?

12. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Gillian Flynn is on my list of authors to get to soon. Just finished Ruth Ware's entire catalog recently.

I wasn't the biggest fan of the ending to Woman In The Window thought it was kinda lame but it was still pretty good.

Gonna start Riley Sager's newest here soon.

Anything in the same vein you'd recommend?

13. The Lucky Moose

14. jpmalone4

Stay Lucky Supporter

Finished David Lynch's book yesterday. If you're a fan of his work it's definitely worth the read, and perhaps the most surprising thing about it is how funny he is, I was cracking up reading his passages.

OotyPa likes this.
  15. drewinseries

Drew

Started The Last Templar recently. Been looking for a fun historical-mystery type book. Kraken from China Mieville is next.

16. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Have you read Dial H by China Mieville? It's a comic book/graphic novel but it was great

fluxyjoe likes this.
  17. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

I've had The City And The City on my shelf for ages. I loved Perdidio and The Scar

18. Philll

Trusted

Just finished Kavalier & Clay after about 2 months. It was completely wonderful from start to finish.

johnnyutes and fluxyjoe like this.
  19. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

How do you guys feel about A Confederacy of Dunces? Started it recently and I kind of hate it so far.

20. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

one of my favorite books. stick with it

21. One of the only books I’ve ever given up on midway through. I tried it again earlier this year (ten years after my first attempt) and actually liked it quite a bit. It has hilarious sections, but it really does require putting up with a repulsive protagonist.

22. jpmalone4

Stay Lucky Supporter

It's still one of the funniest books I've ever read. It's way more enjoyable if you realize none if it is to be taken seriously.

23. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

So far I don’t find it very funny or particularly well-written, although it’s far too soon for me to write it off entirely as I only just started a few days ago.

24. Kellan

@kellanthomas Prestigious

25. WordsfromaSong

Trusted

He’s not wrong about Harry Potter though.

DickyCullz likes this.