Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Book Thread Book • Page 120

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Grapevine_Twine

It's a Chunky! Supporter

I don't think the critics loved Falling Man, I'm just really interested in post-9/11 literature so it appealed to me.

2. Grapevine_Twine

It's a Chunky! Supporter

About 200 pages into A People's History of the United States and enjoying it so far. I really wish I could focus better when reading history though.

Also just picked up the new George Saunders book from my local bookstore. So pumped

a_cuppa_joe and danielm123 like this.
  3. I definitely will soon. I actually have copies of Underworld and Cosmopolis that I've picked up from yard sales over the years but I'll probably grab that one too.

Philll likes this.
  4. i’m really interested in that Saunders book! keep us posted

5. Philll

Trusted Supporter

I actually haven't read them which I'm sure makes me a #fakefan, but obviously their reputation precedes them

6. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

7. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

considering trying to get through fanged noumena this year just to see if I can

8. Garrett

just looking for a little hope Moderator

If you were blown away by Amanda Gorman like I was, her poetry book is up for preorder.

Colby Searcy and OotyPa like this.
  9. OotyPa

fall away

She killed it.

10. eagles1139

Regular

Bought a bunch of DeLillo books recently and planning to do a deep-dive, I've somehow never read any of his work before. Gonna read something light after I finish this damn Pynchon and then jump into some DeLillo. I got Great Jones Street, The Names, White Noise, Libra, and Mao II.

Thinking of going in this order: 1) The Names 2) White Noise 3) Libra 4) Mao II since those were published in that order during what is considered his peak, and then I'll circle back to the earlier Great Jones Street if I dug the others. But if there's any DeLillo heads in here, feel free to suggest a different order or give me some stuff to look out for!

angrycandy and Philll like this.
  11. angrycandy

never too much Prestigious

not at all suggesting that you start with Great Jones Street if you're thinking of going in another direction, but it would be a somewhat light introduction to his style compared to some of those others. I do have to mention that it wasn't my introduction to him and I still have to read a few of the ones you mentioned, myself. you can't really go wrong with DeLillo tho. he's one of our very best novelists

eagles1139 likes this.