Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Book Thread Book

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

The Book Thread (Official Thread)

2. Currently reading "The Hard Thing About Hard Things" by Ben Horowitz.

It's good so far. Been enjoying it.

3. Greg Robson

gregrobson.net Moderator

Ghettoside by Jill Leovy is a pretty tremendous book. Definitely worth the accolades.

BoldType likes this.
  4. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

Currently halfway through my annual winter reading of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Love this series, but would give pretty much anything for a new translation. The story is there, but the translation is so wooden and matter of fact at times that it takes me out of it.

5. Have you read the new one yet? The Girl in the Spider's Web? I have it on my list to check out sometime, but haven't gotten to it yet.

6. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I forgot there was a new one. I wonder how that is...

7. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

I haven't read it yet, but I don't really plan to. There is some nasty stuff happening between Larsson's estate and his partner. She's calling it a grave-robbing cash grab and the way the reviews have been demolishing it make me kind of believe it, haha.

8. Ryan G

Moderator Moderator

9. currently reading The Name of the Wind. it's phenomenal, one of the best fantasy novels I've ever read. definitely recommend if you're a fan of the genre.

Dave Diddy likes this.
  10. I think that's the best Jobs book.

11. Creativity Inc?

12. Yep, those are the two I recommend most. I've read way too many on this one subject. Hahaha.

13. I just now realized Conor looks a little like Martin Shkreli.

14. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Currently reading Indian Summer by Aaron Mahnke. Also, stopped reading The Rap Year Book back in December so I'm technically still in the middle of that. It's fantastic though so I should get back to it hah.

15. noxee

Regular Prestigious

I've currently got two books on the go John Dies at the End by David Wong, and IQ84 by Haruki Murakami.

AndrewSoup likes this.
  16. IQ84 looks really interesting. I get the impression I should read some other Murakami first though.

17. Snewt

Does whatever a spider can. Prestigious

18. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

i need to read more books. i wanna find some more mystery/noir type stuff. i'm looking to pick up some novels from Dashiel Hammett

19. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I've just started on The Killing Lessons - Saul Black

20. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

i typically read mostly fiction stuff, but i think i really need to get into non-fiction as well. i gotta think of a place to start on that front

21. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

This is next on my reading list after I finished these two fantasy audiobooks I'm listening to. I've found I can mix pretty much any genre except fantasy when keeping up with audiobooks (I prefer them to music during my workouts). I've only heard great things about this, so I'm pretty stoked.

22. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

Has anyone read this:

[​IMG]

I know a couple of people swear by it so I might just pick it up anyway.

23. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

I subbed to the Book List thread but maybe this is more up the discussion alley rather than list (i haven't had enough time to read enough to make a list hahaha). my Amazon wishlist is basically full of graphic novels, Eastern philosophy, and unique memoirs that i one day will get and work through :blush:

24. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I have 4 books checked out from the library and I have only gotten halfway through one of them. I hate keeping new releases checked out for long periods of time.

25. idlehands and Garrett L. like this.