Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Book Of Henry (Colin Trevorrow, June 16th 2017) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Mar 29, 2017.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

[​IMG]

trailer tomorrow, love the cast, hope this is more Safety Not Guaranteed and less Jurassic World

2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

This is the book of Henry tho

[​IMG]

3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

4. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

Boy, did that take a darker turn than I was expecting.

jkauf likes this.
  5. I like the kid actor playing Henry based off what I saw in the trailer. Intriguing premise. I'll probably wait for the reviews.

6. iCarly Rae Jepsen Jun 15, 2017
    (Last edited: Jun 15, 2017)
    iCarly Rae Jepsen

tucah, Aregala and Jake Gyllenhaal like this.
  7. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

He's gonna ruin episode 9. I know it in my heart of hearts.

8. Davjs

Trusted

9. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

"The Book of Henry is a disaster to its bones, as mind-bendingly broken as The Room or Birdemic or any other piece of cult outsider art."

Now I want to see this

10. Davjs

Trusted

I feel like this is meant to be super bad, random, twisted and that's its charm/point.

11. Dog with a Blog

When I watched the trailer I didn't think she was actually making a gun lol wtf. Like, obviously it's a gun but I didn't think it was real and used assassinate the dude hahah. I thought, "huh, that's odd but surely the trailer is misleading me." Fuck, my interest went from 0 to 60. That's hilarious.

12. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

WTAF?

Henry tries to alert the authorities, but experiences some setbacks, mostly in the form of a brain tumor that kills him. He leaves behind a book for his mother and brother with specific step-by-step instructions for how to murder Glenn with a sniper rifle from the window of the boys’ tree house, a steampunk fortress that looks like it was constructed by a minimum of seven bored and overbudgeted art directors. Susan flips through it and thinks to herself, “Well, my dead 11-year-old was a genius – I’d better head to the gun shop.”

13. 5Stories

Regular

I saw this last night. In many ways it was awful, in many ways I loved it. I've not written any film reviews for quite a while but felt compelled to for this one: Review: The Book of Henry

14. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

This movie is wild ya'll

coleslawed likes this.
  15. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Please tell us more.

16. Jake Gyllenhaal Jun 17, 2017
    (Last edited: Jun 17, 2017)
    Jake Gyllenhaal

It wasn't as wild as I'd thought it'd be... the uneven tone makes the intended sentimentality fail. When I heard that Naomi Watts was going to become an assassin, I was thinking the movie would shift into high-speed video game action since she loved playing FPS games

17. Dog with a Blog

The Book of Hardcore Henry

Jake Gyllenhaal likes this.
  18. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

I had no idea what this movie was about before I saw it. If you're aware of the twist, I imagine that makes seeing the movie a much less exhilarating experience. But if you have any friends who don't know what this movie is about, I can't imagine a better prank than taking them to see this movie and telling them you've heard it's really good.

It's just a complete and total miscalculation of tone. I couldn't believe what I was watching. The ending talent show sequence is just a barrage of awful decisions. It's bananas that Treverrow thought this was a direactable script.

jkauf likes this.
  19. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

colin treverrow is a very, very, very bad filmmaker

20. Jake Gyllenhaal

I really like Safety Not Guaranteed

21. Nathan

yeah I remember thinking it was okay, but any positive thoughts I had about it are outweighed by Jurassic World, the Book of Henry, and his Home Base short film, which are all not only atrocious, but feel like they were written by a 4chan red pill activist

22. Davjs

Trusted

A very bad film maker with a billion dollar film and a star wars film under his belt lol.

23. Jake Gyllenhaal

Also makes you wonder with how much clout Colin gained with the financial success of JW, he chose this story to make

24. Nathan

A Star Wars film more on the docket than under his belt.

25. Davjs

Trusted

Yeah, I mean anything can happen but I'd say its 95% its going to happen. I remember Trank was suppose to do a SW film too right but dropped it after F4? What film was he suppose to be doing?

TedSchmosby likes this.