Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Bombpops Sign With Fat Wreck Chords

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 23, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

The Bombpops have signed with Fat Wreck Chords and will release their new full-length, Fear of Missing Out, on February 10th. They’ve also released the new track “CA in July.”

Obviously, I think this is a great signing.

2. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

This is so awesome! I think I was the one who recommended them to you in the Female Band / Singers thread? So glad to be getting new music from them!

Michael Schmidt and Jason Tate like this.
  3. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Damn, this is awesome stuff. Wish they were on the Menzingers tour for After the Party.

4. FrenzalRob

Melbourne, AUS Supporter

Awesome! Stoked on this. I'm sure it'll be awhile (if ever) they come to Australia, but here's to hoping.

5. jco3

Regular

I like them. Cool song.

6. crunchprank

Home from work and was able to check out the song - good stuff! Really excited for the full length. Jen is also in Payoff

7. Michael Schmidt

Checking this out now. New to this band, so not meaning this question in a deragatory sense, but is Jen the blonde or the brunette? They both sing and play guitar, so I wasn't sure how else to ask.

8. crunchprank

No worries. Jen has the darker hair, Poli has the lighter hair. If you listen to the tracks they both have distinct voices - you can tell when it's Poli in my opinion because her vocals are more nasal-y (I don't mean that in a bad way). So I love the pieces they harmonize.

Michael Schmidt likes this.
  9. Michael Schmidt

Cool! I'm sure once I am more acquainted with the songs I will pick up on the differences. I played the new song first since it was in the post and then proceeded to play the shit out of that 7" on bandcamp. Man, Can O' Worms is really catchy. Checked out a few older songs and Medicine Cabinet really stuck out too. All of this was on my phone speaker, so I can't wait to sit down properly with this stuff haha.