Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The BNM Discussion Thread • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by brandon_260, Mar 11, 2016.

1. cherrywaves

Trusted

I never thought I'd see the day where Blink gets a Fork review.

Well I mean, I guess they've been trending in that direction for a little while now. Still a little weird for me anyways

2. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

as anyone listened to this Elza Soares record? This is mind blowing.

3. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

4. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

5. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith is so brilliant

6. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

7. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, never seen anything like it. Thought maybe it was an error and would get moved to top slot later in the day (I saw this with Kendrick earlier this year).

8. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

maybe it was supposed to be best new reissue. weird lol.

9. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Why haven't they reviewed local natives yet

10. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

conde nast must be pushing some weird publishing guidelines lol, this story has FJM shoehorned into it just because he uses his phone and they wrote a shitty clickbait article about him using it Spotify and Tinder Team Up, Adding Music to Your Swipes | Pitchfork

"
    Tinder and Spotify have joined together to make it a little easier to find love. Starting today, Tinder users can pick their favorite song (an “Anthem”) to display on their profile. With or without a Spotify account, users can preview that song. For those who choose to sync their Spotify accounts, you can add your favorite artists to your profile to see who shares your taste. Below, see a mock-up image of how the Spotify integration looks, as well as a promo video for Tinder featuring Spotify.

Father John Misty may be married, but he does love swiping through his phone. Check out “13 Photos of Father John Misty Looking at His Phone” on the Pitch."

11. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

it was recorded in 74 but not actually released until now, making it not really a reissue? but it's not really a new record? maybe that's why it's all weird

12. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

Albums description in the review sounds cool

13. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

This is bullshit

14. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

not buzzworthy enough bud, maybe if they had father john misty on a song

15. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

16. Jim

Trusted Supporter

they reviewed local natives today

17. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

And it's a horrible review not even sure why I wanted them to review it

whitenblue88 and Jim like this.
  18. cwhit

how can mick jenkins, ty dolla, flock of dimes, and lvl up all get reviews on the same day with none of them being higher than 7.6???

19. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

Mick should have got over an 8 and a BNM imo

20. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Fuck I need to check out all of that

21. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

not expecting it to get bnm but its curious they havent touched the new alcest record yet. the metal coverage has taken a pretty noticable dive since stosuy's departure. although they did just put out a review tonight of the new darkthrone....

22. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Where did Brandon end up?

23. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

24. jdr2187

jdr2187

What qualifies as BNM exactly? The new Hiss golden messenger got an 8.2 and did not get labeled BNM, but the nxworries album got the same score and did get BNM...

25. cwhit

Editor's choice, score means nothing. All about whether something has the right vibe for hype at the time