Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Blood Brothers Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Kennedy, Aug 3, 2016.

1. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

sorry for the bump but i decided to do a discog run today and damn does it hold up. miss this band soooo much.

2. Mason

Regular

You got me way too excited! haha I miss them too though, still one of my favorite bands and really have never found another band who is even that similar to them.

3. This weekend I discovered the band Brainiac, and I've just been blown away ever since. It's insane hearing this band play songs that sound like a ton of other bands that all came AFTER them.

Skip to about half way into the song and you will hear Blood Brothers style stuff, but done in 1996 (!!!)

4. PauLo

43% Burnt

...Burn, Piano Island, Burn is a stone cold classic

5. I’ve always been on the Burn Piano Island Burn hype train, but I listened to it and Crimes back to back a couple weeks ago, and Crimes is hit after hit after hit. So now I’m on the Crimes hype train.

6. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

yeah Crimes is their best imo

Argus likes this.
  7. PauLo

43% Burnt

[​IMG]

bradsonemanband likes this.
  8. bedwettingcosmo

i think i severely under appreciated young machetes. they went out with a bang.

9. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Young Machetes is incredible and if you ask me - it’s their best record to date.

10. TomG

Trusted Supporter

Burn piano island burn was a turning point record for me. I love how chaotic and weird it is but it makes total sense when it comes together (synths, nylon acoustics, duel screams etc). The production was great for them too. That’s my only beef with Crimes, the change in production was jarring for me after burn piano island and seeing some of the Crimes songs live leading up to its release

11. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

going through their discog for the first time. did not like the debut but march on is fucking insane. excited to listen to piano island next

12. TomG

Trusted Supporter

Burn Piano Island is their peak in my opinion. I was floored by that album

bradsonemanband and neo506 like this.
  13. stars143

Trusted

Fun fact: Johnny Whitney is now a UI Developer at Netflix.

14. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Young Machetes*

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  15. TomG

Trusted Supporter

Young machetes is great, but BPIB eeks it out in my mind. Could be that it’s the album that got me into them, but I had never heard anything like it at the time. It is still wild to listen to all this time later.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  16. BPIB was always my favorite until I recently listened to both BPIB and Crimes back to back. I think Crimes is actually my favorite now.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  17. TomG

Trusted Supporter

I should give it another shot. I remember loving the songs but the production was jarring after BPIB being so tight

18. Leftandleaving

only on the title track but piano island is insane. this album sounds like a panic attack. this is exactly what I like from this kinda of music. ngl tho I can't tell the vocalists apart

19. bedwettingcosmo

the amount of crimes disrespect in this chat right now is bad. bpib was them honing it all in and then they delivered their masterpiece with crimes.

20. mr_november

Trusted Supporter

all their albums are great, and massively influential

21. mr_november

Trusted Supporter

but young machetes is my favorite

22. bedwettingcosmo

wasn't there a blood brothers/gatsbys american dream connection? like the drummer was brothers w/ someone in GAD

23. Leftandleaving

blood brothers sounds like angry gad imo

24. Blood Brothers drummer’s brother played in GAD, I think

bedwettingcosmo likes this.
  25. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Like an angry eccentric high pitched post-hardcore version of GAD.

Leftandleaving likes this.