Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Black Keys Announce New Album

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

The Black Keys will release their new album, Let’s Rock, on June 28th. Today they’ve shared the new song “Eagle Birds” on Spotify and Apple Music.

Track Listing

1. Shine A Little Light
    2. Eagle Birds
    3. Lo/Hi
    4. Walk Across The Water
    5. Tell Me Lies
    6. Every Little Thing
    7. Get Yourself Together
    8. Sit Around And Miss You
    9. Go
    10. Breaking Down
    11. Under The Gun
    12. Fire Walk With Me

2. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

What an unbelievably lame album title, sounds like something the School of Rock kids would've wrote

3. macbethfan

Trusted Supporter

Here's the story behind the title:
    "He also revealed that inspiration for the album title didn't come from a celebratory place. During the Nashville sessions, Auerbach said they came across a newspaper story about Tennessee's first execution in more than a decade. Guards apparently asked the convicted murderer for any last words, and he replied, "Let's rock." The Black Keys' new album features an electric chair on the cover."

Pretty crazy backstory nonetheless.

The Black Keys Announce Back-to-Basics Ninth Album 'Let's Rock'

Ska Senanake and joey-wan kenobi like this.
  4. Ska Senanake

Trusted

Fire Walk With Me?

Hold my calls Diane and brew up some fresh coffee. We're going back to the Black (Keys) Lodge!

5. thesollopsist

Pro Sleeper Prestigious

backstory of the title is pretty interesting.

Looking forward to this, always had a soft spot for these

6. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

Backstory on the album title makes me a lot more excited since at least there's some story there. The promo photo plus this title looks like absolute dogshit, like they're in a movie about the downfall of the band and they KNOW this is the album where they mailed it in and it all went to hell.

[​IMG]