Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Bird And The Bee - Interpreting The Masters Volume 2 (August 2,2019) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Jun 11, 2019.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

following up their Hall & Oates tribute album with a Van Halen tribute album

1. Runnin' With The Devil
    2. Panama
    3. Hot For Teacher
    4. Eruption
    5. Jump
    6. Ain't Talkin' Bout Love
    7. Jamie’s Cryin’
    8. Unchained
    9. You Really Got Me
    10. Diamond Dave

2. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Pumped to see what they can do with this because their Hall and Oates record was amazing.

3. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

stoked for eruption tbh

4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Hot For Teacher featuring Beck

angel paste likes this.
  5. SoundscapeMN

Regular

they were on Corden last night with Dave Grohl playing Ain't Talking Bout Love.

but the TOUR is something I and my longtime fan WIFE were looking forward to.

https://www.thebirdandthebee.com/#tour
    "The bird and the bee (sans Greg) is going on a little U.S. tour this August!"

the same situation in 2015.

WHY Schedule a tour and call it "The Bird and the Bee" and yet 1/2 of the band is not coming?

My wife is a huge Bird & the Bee fan, and has never seen Greg Kurstin live. He wasn't with Inara in 2015, and it's the same situation again on this tour?

............................................________........................
    ....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,..................
    .............................,.-”...................................“-.,............
    .........................,/...............................................”:,........
    .....................,?......................................................\,.....
    .................../...........................................................,}....
    ................./......................................................,:`^`..}....
    .............../...................................................,:”........./.....
    ..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../.....
    ............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../........
    .........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/...........
    ..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}...........
    ...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../............
    ...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../.............
    ............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”...............
    ............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\...................
    .............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__...........
    ,,_..........}.gt;-._\...................................|..............`=~-,....
    .....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\........................
    ...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\.......................
    ................................`:,,...........................`\..............__..
    .....................................`=-,...................,%`gt;--==``.......
    ........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\...............
    ...................................,lt;`.._|_,-;``................`\..............

6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I saw them without Greg and it was still fun but a bit disappointing, I get that he's busy though

anyway this owns

7. SoundscapeMN

Regular

yeah. The show back in 2015 was still fun, but still stood out with the lack of Greg.

I asked Inara on Twitter last night and she said Greg just doesn't like touring.

Chris Isaak is in town the same night in St.Paul, and my wife and I are now considering eating the tickets and going to Isaak instead. Granted, she's not all that much of a Van Halen fan (I am though). Hall & Oates she loves, but the new tribute album isn't doing a lot for her.

8. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Well this record is just stupid-good. A spooky "Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love", a piano sonata "Eruption", a Prince-with-jazz-piano "Panama". So many great ideas here, all of which feel true to the originals while being totally new takes.

9. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

yeah this album is really great

10. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

irthesteve likes this.