Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Big Lebowski Super Bowl commercial (sigh) is a beer ad.

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tolpin, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

2. Morrissey

Trusted

The Dude would never go to a bar like that.

CarpetElf likes this.
  3. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Laaaaaaaaaame

4. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

Theres also a commercial for 'Yellow Tail Wine' for the Super Bowl..... Good luck to them. Bad way to spend advertising money, as most guys watching the game (not all, but the majority, probably) are NOT going to go buy that wine.

5. Henry

Moderator Moderator

This thread title hurts my head

CarpetElf and Ken like this.
  6. This is a weird post. Are you implying only guys watch the game? Approx 45% of NFL fans are women.

Ken likes this.
  7. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I seriously wasn’t expecting anything more than an ad with the Dude in it. I’m kinda glad. I don’t want a second Big Lebowski

CarpetElf likes this.
  8. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

I take back my post. I was wrong. I guess it seems its 50/50! I had <NO> idea. I was wrong.

9. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

That Slate "article" about the ad is so dumb, lol.

"The Big Lebowski Super Bowl Ad Is a Crime Against Humanity"
    "Beyond this being a highly unwanted team-up, the ad also asks us to suspend belief to an unwarranted degree. It’s safe to say The Dude and Carrie Bradshaw do not exist on the same coast, let alone the same universe."
    "Good cause or not, we’re choosing to pretend this mini revival never happened."

It's just a dumb little ad. Like we all knew it'd be. Who cares. Maybe the writer should've pretended this never happened before writing this "article."

Man, the internet's click-farming machine seems like one of the most soul-sucking industries a person can work in.

CarpetElf likes this.
  10. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I don’t see the problem. It’s a commercial

11. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

There literally was never any doubt in my mind that this would be what it was.

12. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

yeah the teaser literally included the night of the Super Bowl in it haha

Tim and Anthony_ like this.