Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Beths - Future Me Hates Me (2018) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Matt Chylak, Aug 21, 2018.

1. atlas

Trusted

Ah for real? Guess I'm not seeing them on my birthday after all, dammit. Move it to Bottom Lounge cowards

MexicanGuitars likes this.
  2. ItsAndrew Jan 8, 2020
    (Last edited: Jan 8, 2020)
    ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Because they are playing too small of a venue after selling out Lincoln Hall. It actually sold out last month so nearly five months in advance. I didn’t get a ticket in time either but I’m sure people will be selling some the week of or day of.

3. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Does Cobra Lounge have a BK/ST or Schubas/LH-type agreement where they can port shows over to Bottom Lounge?

4. atlas

Trusted

I'm not sure but I've seen the other way around happen so who knows

5. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I just find it stupid they are playing such a small venue when they clearly have a much bigger fanbase (in Chicago at least). It's definitely cool from the perspective of if you have a ticket but for everyone else it sucks. Bottom Lounge would be perfect for them or even honestly Thalia Hall. I asked on the event page if there was any chance the show will be moved to a bigger venue so we'll see if I get a response.

Their Lincoln Hall show sold out a while in advance too I remember, so I guess their fans just like buying tickets early. Still sucks though. They should know after the LH show and when they played the Logan Square festival they have a big fanbase here and should have planned accordingly.

6. MexicanGuitars

Are the venues in other cities also smaller than their past tours? If so maybe they designed it that way to test out the new songs, have a more intimate experience, idk.

7. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Looks like you are right, all the dates are in smaller venues. That likely lessens the chance the show will be upgraded. Just keep checking the event page though and we'll all find tickets eventually, especially since it's months away, there's enough time.

8. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Was really hoping their tour was in March so it could be cancelled and the chance of extra tickets become available become more a reality. Oh well.

9. MexicanGuitars

I mean give it a couple more days/weeks and it still might be

10. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

The Bad Bad Hats show was rescheduled for the same day as The Beths show. They should combine and play one show together like they did last year, so I can see both. Although at this point both shows will probably be postponed/re-postponed.

11. MexicanGuitars

There is no way in god’s green earth that Beths show is happening. Especially considering it’s the last day of the tour.

12. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Had no idea it was the last day of tour. For some reason I thought it was towards the beginning. You're right then.

13. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Ben Gibbard wearing a Beths t shirt on today’s stream and saying their album is one of his favorite albums and they are wonderful people warms my heart

MexicanGuitars and jordalsh like this.
  14. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

15. MexicanGuitars

Hoping they add a second date or even a matinee to Chi

16. ItsAndrew Apr 6, 2020
    (Last edited: Apr 6, 2020)
    ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm just going to spam the chat asking them to move to a bigger venue for Chicago/add more tickets/add another show lol

17. MexicanGuitars

Hell yes

Slangster likes this.
  18. MexicanGuitars

AOTY

19. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

So stoked for this, new song is great

20. ItsAndrew