Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Beer Thread • Page 489

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 16, 2016.

1. djwildefire

Trusted

I’ve seen a lot of interesting new beers/beer articles recently. Also tried a bunch of great beers. If people are interested, I can put together a mega-post of them, might be kind of overwhelming though.

Cameron and momo32t like this.
  2. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Brent, momo32t, OhTheWater and 2 others like this.
  3. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

I am so glad to be in the back half of Dry January. This has been BRUTAL with the state of world etc.

waking season likes this.
  4. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

5. momo32t

Trusted

I was trying to do that when I posted a few beer of 2020 lists. There’s a lot of good articles out there!

6. momo32t

Trusted

I bought one of each at Beer Witch today. Smoke and maple sounds like a fun combo.

Fronnyfron and waking season like this.
  7. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

My boss is from Battle Creek Michigan and I’d like to give him that beer if anyone is able to get it and ship it to me. I’ll pay cost of the beer + shipping.

8. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

@spiffa0 maybe not surprising that this is my favorite yet, it's like apple cider beer, pretty crazy but great.

PXL_20210119_051236208.jpg

ncarrab and Oddpac87 like this.
  9. Flags_Of_Dawn

Heading down to Chicago on Friday, anything I should be on the lookout for that's under the radar? Stopping at Half Acre, Rev, Beer Temple, and maybe Binny's. Lunch recommendations in that area also very welcome.

10. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

11. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

sabro pop is SO good

momo32t, bigmike and spiffa0 like this.
  12. spiffa0 Jan 19, 2021
    (Last edited: Jan 19, 2021)
  13. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

damn

momo32t and Fronnyfron like this.
  14. momo32t

Trusted

The color on that is really nice. I’ll have to look for it.

15. djwildefire

Trusted

Feel like that’d be a tricky beer to execute, balancing the chocolate and acidity.

16. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

somewhat reminds me of Allagash Ganache, which was/is quite tasty

17. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

I rep Dovetail and Begyle (less so) hard. They’re quite literally right next to each other and close to Half Acre as well. Off Color is also a must.

chewbacca110, bigmike and momo32t like this.
  18. momo32t

Trusted

Dovetail now shipping to NY. $13.25 is slightly better than other breweries I’ve seen shipping inter and intrastate

chewbacca110 and MexicanGuitars like this.
  19. Beer is heavy so if you are getting a lot delivered and paying between 13-20 bucks shipping that's not bad at all.

It costs me more than that to ship beer for trades

I think I paid 18 to get 16 tired Hands beer shipped. Not bad at all imo.

jciswhatis likes this.
  20. djwildefire

Trusted

My massive order from Threes I posted a few pages back was $19 to ship all the way from Brooklyn to San Francisco area. Thought that was pretty good

There’s a brewery in SoCal called Casa Agria that was doing free in-state shipping on orders $45+ for the first several months of the pandemic. They’ve increased now to a flat rate of $10 regardless of order size which is still pretty good

momo32t, bigmike and spiffa0 like this.
  21. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Spiteful Brewing. As @MexicanGuitars mentioned, Dovetail and Begyle are next to each other and Spiteful is just a mile north of those two. Highly recommend their GFY Stout, Working For The Weekend DIPA, Goddamn Pigeon porter.

If German style is your bag, Metropolitan is 2 blocks from Beer Temple. For my money: best lagers in the city.

bigmike and momo32t like this.
  22. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Speaking of German styles, this is a welcome surprise

Matt and bigmike like this.
  23. djwildefire

Trusted

Do you know what size those are? Guessing 500 mL?

Also, had a crazy lucky find at my local liquor store the other day. Back in mid-December, a bunch of Bay Area Whole Foods locations got a drop of Cantillon - a smaller amount of Fou Foune, I think a case per store; and much more of Rose de Gambrinus. I struck out on Fou but got a few bottles of Rose. Well yesterday, I was at Jackson’s in Lafayette which is kind of a hidden gem. They’re more known as a wine shop, but I always find an unexpected beer every time I go there, and their clearance prices are crazy. Lo and behold they had one bottle of Fou out. It was obviously intentionally hidden amidst a bunch of Duvel bombers. Was so unexpected and serendipitous. So anyway, I’ll be cracking that tonight to celebrate the inauguration and will post a picture when I do.

momo32t likes this.
  24. momo32t

Trusted

Rose de Gambrinus might be my favorite beer ever. Mind blowing that Whole Foods got it.

25. momo32t

Trusted

Anyone drinking anything special for the inauguration tonight?