Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Beer Thread • Page 486

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 16, 2016.

1. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Grabbed some Tired Hands yesterday. The new stout and the Lush Life TIPA were both great. Lush Life is dangerously smooth for 10.5%

waking season, spiffa0 and sean_rugy like this.
  2. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

3. jciswhatis

Ugh, I hate America. Supporter

@irthesteve I'm excited to try that one.

This was my first great beer of the year. Was a little skeptical after some misses recently by Bottle Logic but this one was top stuff.

momo32t, waking season and irthesteve like this.
  4. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Lol all good man. Just shoot me tracking. Our mail room is a mess because people don’t pick up packages and sometimes people deliver to the other mail room on our complex.

5. Smittzerland

First time long time (FKA musicfan9795) Prestigious

I feel ya. There's close to a dozen breweries 20 minutes max away from me in Manchester.

Brent and waking season like this.
  6. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I’m on the seacoast and we’re lucky to have a lot of good stuff nearby. Stoneface, Deciduous, and Garrison City in particular. It’s been great seeing more breweries distribute to NH, I used to have to go to Mass or Maine for Night Shift, Burlington Beer Co., Oxbow, etc.

bigmike and Smittzerland like this.
  7. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I’ve heard good things about Spyglass in Nashua too but I haven’t tried them yet

Surfwax and BlueEyesBrewing like this.
  8. Smittzerland

First time long time (FKA musicfan9795) Prestigious

Have heard a bit about them, but haven't had anything yet. They're across the street from White Birch, who makes some decent stuff

9. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Looks like Tired Hands is shipping to VA!

momo32t likes this.
  10. irthesteve

Great Notion are honestly wizards, this is so good

PXL_20210110_063512579.jpg

Cameron, sean_rugy and djwildefire like this.
  11. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

Spyglass is real good for NEIPA and kettle sours. Really tiny place so it can sometimes be hard to get certain things because they sell out fast. That’s mainly all they do but will occasionally put out a few different styles, but I haven’t really tried any of them yet to see how they are. Hoping they can eventually start experimenting more with farmhouse styles once they grow some more.

bigmike and waking season like this.
  12. momo32t

Trusted

So Tavour currently has a Jester King x Side Project dark wild ale for sale for...$51.
    FA57CC83-E2D2-4535-A36C-0CB20C3870F7.png

13. djwildefire

Trusted

I’d probably be more likely to shell out $51 for that than $79 or whatever it is for some of those Anchorage barrel-aged beers. Even so, that’s way too rich for my blood.

momo32t likes this.
  14. jciswhatis

Ugh, I hate America. Supporter

That's a mark up on those Anchorage. I think they are $50 when the stores around me get them. And also, not worth it. They are good but definitely not $50 for a 12 oz good.

15. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

lmaoooo $50 for a 12 ounce? I thought it was at least a 750 ml anchorage beer or something. oof.

waking season likes this.
  17. momo32t

Trusted

Any lucky PA or VA people get an email from Hill Farmstead?

18. Sadly no

19. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Nah

20. irthesteve

Oddpac87 likes this.
  21. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

319DB490-572D-4FF5-8706-F91F8D3159CE.jpeg

This is the best beer I’ve had in a long time and easily the lightest 8.5% I’ve ever had.

Brent and Fronnyfron like this.
  22. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

23. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

24. irthesteve

Haha yes I do, DM me if you wanna figure this out, I can ship to you no prob

Oddpac87 likes this.
  25. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

I've never been so simultaneously excited and devastated by a news post. Can't wait to see what they do with a space like this, but they're now going to be an additional hour drive away from me.

momo32t likes this.