Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Beer Thread • Page 485

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

I saw a dude loading cases upon cases of beer into a literal cargo van at Tree House. He was loading beer off to the side for at least 30 minutes while I was waiting in the car line. Wonder what that bill was.

waking season likes this.
  2. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Last time I went to Tree House my grandfather wanted to buy me a case for my birthday. He didn’t expect it to be as expensive as it was haha only let him pay for half.

Fronnyfron likes this.
  3. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

First share in a real long time tonight...

D195340D-8690-406F-B821-47D19C8277FA.jpeg

4. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

so. much. beer.

Oddpac87 likes this.
  5. djwildefire

Trusted

A little bit late to respond to this, so sorry to leave you hanging...but I’m glad you enjoyed Pliny! It’s considered an old-school beer now and doesn’t have the same level of mystique as it used to, but to me it’s perfectly crafted. It’s a beer that blows you away with its balance. I haven’t had some of the other IPAs or the BA Belching Beaver, but can personally vouch for everything else I sent. Super interested to hear what you think of the others!

I actually received my package the same day his arrived but have been preoccupied with Wednesday’s events. Haven’t tried anything yet, but I’m pretty sure I will really enjoy it given the descriptions. Also cool that I’m pretty sure I haven’t tried any beers from any of these breweries, and the vast majority I haven’t even heard of.

3C953745-2A3F-4FA8-B1D7-7E21FC268EB0.jpeg

L to R: Newgrass Endless Storm peach grisette; Divine Barrel Made of Morning Light Berliner Weiss w/ mango, marshmallow, vanilla, and lactose; DSSOLVR No More Brain Wrinkles gose w/ peach, prickly pear, blackberry, and blueberry; Resident Culture Thank You For Being a Friend Oatmeal Cream Pie porter; Newgrass Makeshift Morale sorbet sour w/ blackberry, blueberry, and vanilla; Town Brewing Bent Note chai latte brown ale; Westbrook Apple Pie gose; Haw River Javanog coffee cream stout; Olde Hickory Photon Sphere BBA imperial stout w/ honey, cinnamon, vanilla, cocoa, and habaneros; and Westbrook Peanut Butter, Hazelnut, and Marshmallow imperial stout.

Will def be posting impressions as I go through these. And shout-outs to @DontTellMom , super looking forward to trying ya’lls beer!

DontTellMom and phaynes12 like this.
  6. irthesteve

Damn, that haul looks damn good too!

djwildefire likes this.
  7. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Hell yeah

8. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

[​IMG]

Cameron, bigmike and waking season like this.
  9. God damn new jersey you suck for not allowing beer shipments

bigmike and Fronnyfron like this.
  10. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Michigan, too. It's extra annoying because we're one of the better beer states when it comes to laws and whatnot.

Joe4th, kelseyleigh and spiffa0 like this.
  11. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

It’s been nice seeing NH finally getting more breweries, it felt like we were missing out on a lot just two or three years ago

Smittzerland likes this.
  12. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

B9AFBF2C-BE2F-4485-AB23-EE06695E792D.jpeg
    alvarado lloyd christmas. not bad! much smoother than i expected

djwildefire and waking season like this.
  13. irthesteve

great can

phaynes12 likes this.
  14. momo32t

Trusted

Super pumped about this distribution development. Hear Dovetail makes some of the best lagers in the game:

bigmike likes this.
  15. irthesteve

OK so this is... too expensive, BUT this is the right way to get me excited about a "digital beer fest"

Juicy Brews Saturday Morning

like, what a great looking beer list.

Oddpac87, djwildefire and momo32t like this.
  16. djwildefire

Trusted

Overall sounds good, but I’m very concerned about the idea of a strawberry nesquik sour

17. irthesteve

Haha yeah, there's bound to be some misses when you shoot for the stars like that

18. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

Fuck me, this is tempting.

irthesteve likes this.
  19. irthesteve

Trying to do mental gymnastics over here to see if I can convince myself it's a good deal at all

20. djwildefire

Trusted

Actually don’t think $175 is too bad for 18 cans given where craft beer prices are at right now. That’s just under $10/can. With the extra little goodies and the full day of virtual activities, it doesn’t seem outrageous to me. Plus free shipping.

irthesteve likes this.
  21. irthesteve

Yeah I think what I meant was spending the $175 in general haha

waking season and djwildefire like this.
  22. irthesteve

@jciswhatis this one is quite tasty, less aggressive flavor than the non BA version (of course) but still enough to taste all the flavors.

PXL_20210109_060615345.jpg

23. irthesteve

Second variant I've had of this one and it's great

PXL_20210109_081724154.jpg

waking season and djwildefire like this.
  24. @irthesteve and @williek311 this week was super busy since it's year end but I'll get your beer out tomorrow

irthesteve likes this.
  25. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

It was a Good Friday 16599E15-CAEE-452E-82FF-0F4F71F3DA34.jpeg

phaynes12, waking season and Brent like this.