Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Beer Thread • Page 462

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

My friend is a mailman and someone gave him a case of 24 Tree House beers as a tip. Like...what???

2. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

Must have been some quality mail that day

3. momo32t

Trusted

I would say it definitely goes by style. Lagers and IPAs I try to drink 1-2 months from purchase. As for stouts, lambics, or wild ales I can let them age for 6 to a year depending on what it is. I find with stouts it takes the booze heat off and for the lambics/wilds I like to see how the fruit and oak quality ages over time. Definitely something I play around with for Hill Farmstead and Suarez beers.

djwildefire and waking season like this.
  4. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Wow really? In terms of you not liking it or the abv? I loved it!

5. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yeah fuck founders, but the fudge stout is really tasty

OhTheWater likes this.
  6. jciswhatis

Ugh, I hate America. Supporter

It's fine. The one I had was just chocolate, no barrel on it. I also didn't care much for the dogfish head smore's stout thing that just came out... I just have had a bad string of beers recently.

Nothing is tasting good to me.

ncarrab, bigmike and irthesteve like this.
  8. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

Enjoying a nice Brooklyn beer!

20201119_194055.jpg

9. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Hop Fiction Die Hard and Lebowski glasses are live. Lebowski is a rocks glass

10. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

F17FEB08-D537-4747-8864-55A2AEFA6284.jpeg

I do not like pineapple at all but this is a nice pineapple milkshake ipa. I taste mostly vanilla with a hint of pineapple.

waking season and Fletchaaa like this.
  11. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

These are dope too

sean_rugy, bigmike and Fletchaaa like this.
  12. stars143

Trusted

I just bought one of those as a Christmas gift. That’s perfect.

OhTheWater likes this.
    Matt and phaynes12 like this.
  14. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

DDH Alien Church might be the best IPA I’ve had

spiffa0, bigmike, sean_rugy and 2 others like this.
  15. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Other Half just started distributing here so I grabbed a 4pk, not only was it too much money but I’m just underwhelmed with their beers.

16. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Soooo much money

momo32t likes this.
  17. momo32t

Trusted

A lot of chatter lately that there has been a drop off in quality with the uptick in distribution. I’ve heard that it’s a reaction to how Trillium had a similar drop off recently.

I haven’t had as many ipas lately, so I can’t speak from experience. Could also be that a lot of other breweries have leveled the playing field.

18. Flags_Of_Dawn

In my experience, it's really hard to make a hazy IPA that costs 25%-ish more than most IPAs on the shelf that taste 25% better than most IPAs on the shelf. I'm not super familiar with how they operate, but most taproom-focused breweries around here are canning for distro to make up for lost sales on beer that'd otherwise be sold the taproom. I'd imagine OH's situation is similar, which probably wouldn't change anything related to their brewing process. Mobile canning lines can be a little dicey sometimes, but those issues usually result in pretty obvious off-flavors.

bigmike likes this.
  19. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

70485DFF-CDDC-492B-8B70-E688A951AC13.jpeg EBAC27E8-0FCF-4BA7-A037-1D3370EEE090.jpeg D4102890-80F0-4FA9-A312-9A3E1C1ECC5D.jpeg

Birthday beers

20. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Happy birthday! Get lit!!!

waking season likes this.
  21. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Thank you!! First time seeing friends since March really, much needed

irthesteve likes this.
  22. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I'm cheers-ing to you from afar tonight, enjoy and cherish your friend time!

waking season likes this.
  23. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Friends all tested negative this week and I just got my test results from yesterday, also negative. Time to finally relax. Happy Friday, friends!

Cameron and irthesteve like this.
  24. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

still love OH but they have been cranking out an absurdly wide selection. there are usually 30 different beers for sale at one time. I think it has to do with them producing more upstate and now in DC. maybe a bit of growing pains as they figure it all out.

I’ve become a huge fan of the ‘small’ versions of their IPA’s at around 6.5%

curious what the distro price was?

25. Wonder if tree house will have issues as they expand