Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Beer Thread • Page 4

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 16, 2016.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I use untapped as a way to basically keep track for myself of what I do or don't like. I try not to overthink it, but it's nice to be somewhere and think "Hmm, I think I've had this before but don't know if I liked it" then look it up to find that I hated it, and then I don't waste money ordering it again!

2. Snewt

Does whatever a spider can. Prestigious

I've been on Untappd for a while. I like how simple it is, plus I've never had a problem finding the beer I have. Including any limited release / brewery only stuff.

Jacob Tender likes this.
  3. noxee

Regular Prestigious

I'm really lazy with Untappd. Started using it when my friend first introduced me to it then I got distracted by the actual drinking of the beer and forgot about it.

Vincentbiz likes this.
  4. irthesteve

And any time I can't find one, it's super easy to add. I think I've added like, 2 or 3 before

stnewton and Jacob Tender like this.
  5. To remember what you like and don't like. If you try a lot of beers, this is extremely handy.

Next Glass is less social, and more of a taste profile. Same basic premise. Log what you drink with a star rating. The design is better on Next Glass and they do some cool math to establish whether or not you'll like a beer based on a 100 point scale. So, more of a diary than a network.

This is why I started using Untappd. What I want is always there. Next Glass uses images of the container, so if they don't have one yet or the brewery doesn't bottle their brews, it's not on there.

stnewton likes this.
  6. I tried both and neither stuck, I think I'm currently just keeping a record for myself on Brew Barrel of things I try and then rate them.

7. This looks like a cool option too. There's certainly no shortage of ways to track things we like these days.

Jason Tate likes this.
  8. my dad and I are finally getting to share the beer he got us for christmas.
    [​IMG]
    I'm not very beer smart but it is very delicious

9. irthesteve

Everything about that seems great. Like what I've had from them before and christmas/winter ales are my jam

10. it's 10%, we're both kind of shocked. it has a really nice fruity aftertaste too

11. irthesteve

I swear, 80% of what I drink anymore is over 10% hahaha. I love shit like that

jordalsh likes this.
  12. we also had a new smyrna (my hometown in FL) red ale that was really good. kinda crazy to see my city having a good brewery lol

13. Deschute's River Ale was on sale tonight at the store, grabbed myself a 12 pack for the weekend (and a couple tonight to celebrate how the forum is going).

:cheers:

Vincentbiz, stnewton and Jacob Tender like this.
  14. Cheers!

Jason Tate likes this.
  15. danielalee12

Regular

I am sipping on a Blue Moon cappuccino oatmeal stout. I've never had it before and it taste like pure coffee.

Cheers all!

16. irthesteve

Cheers! Might pop open one of my Cascade bottles to keep the Portland love goin

Vincentbiz and Jason Tate like this.
  17. I love everything that tastes like coffee tbh.

there's a beer I get in Tampa called Nightswim and I love it because 1) it tastes like coffee and 2) REM

18. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Currently drinking a Two Women lager from New Glarus brewery. Love their stuff.

19. alert=danger

Eat The City. Eat It Whole. Prestigious

I'm away to Copenhagen on Friday. Very excited to check out War Pigs, a brew pub run by Three Floyds and Mikkeller.
    Plus Mikkeller and friends bar, with their 40+ tap list. Going to be a great trip.

Jason Tate likes this.
  20. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

No idea if it's considered a good beer or not, but had the dark horse black mocha stout yesterday and it was delicious.

21. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I can't drink stout, I just don't have the stomach for it.

22. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

I liked this beer as well. My ma bought it on a whim back in December.

23. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

I asked this in the beer snobs thread back on AP, so I figure I'll post it here –

Anyone have any good beer and music pairings, whether it's a specific band and a specific beer, or a style of beer with a genre of music?

I know there are lots of beers inspired by bands, and bands collaborating with breweries – Dogfish Head has beers for Pearl Jam, Grateful Dead, and Miles Davis; Against Me! has Black Me Stout; Iron Maiden has Trooper; Doomtree has their beer with Surly, etc. – so thinking of things outside of those.

24. irthesteve

I'm really, really into this idea/release. Check it. To celebrate 25 years of Fat Tire, New Belgium got 5 other breweries to produce their own twist on the Fat Tire recipe. It'll be out this summer as a 12-pack with 2 each of the new ones and 2 original. I think they made some really excellent brewery choices, and each twist sounds pretty cool.

[​IMG]

• Allagash Brewing is producing a version of Fat Tire using a Belgian yeast sourced form the Poperings region and a touch of the Allagash house Brettanomyces – expect notes of stone fruit, sweet tart and peppercorn.
    • Avery Brewing will focus on a fruitier hop bill also with a dose of brett evoking notes of apricot and pineapple.
    • Firestone Walker Brewing is creating a west coast interpretation of Fat Tire with an assertive hop profile and a light lager yeast.
    • Hopworks Urban Brewery (HUB) is creating a tart Fat Tire bringing in apple and lactobacillus to help highlight that beautiful green apple snap inherent to the original Fat Tire.
    • Rhinegeist has transformed Fat Tire into a Belgian XPA, combining a fruity Belgian yeast strain with bready-sweet European and Colorado malts for a beer to please hopheads and wine drinkers alike.
    Lnk: We're celebrating 25 years of Fat Tire by collaborating with your favorite breweries

KidLightning likes this.