Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Beer Thread • Page 349

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 16, 2016.

1. jciswhatis

Ugh, I hate America. Supporter

Had a Tupps Barrel Aged last night and sunk into the bed nicely.

2. djwildefire

Trusted

Finally cracked a 3F Golden Blend that I’d been waiting to open for a special occasion. But this situation has kind of changed my mind about waiting to open my “special” beers. My first time having the golden blend, and it’s definitely living up to my high expectations.

3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I'm diggin this

IMG_20200405_185150.jpg

Ken, Oddpac87, bigmike and 1 other person like this.
  4. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

2019. I still have a 2014 sitting in my cabinet

5. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Ahh I had a 2016 like a month ago it was nice. I have too many stouts that I need to drink.

6. momo32t

Trusted

Cheers everyone

FC662C36-1BCC-4ABB-8E54-3BE8F7CBC9BF.jpeg

Ken, sean_rugy, bigmike and 4 others like this.
  7. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

19967144-7FA5-49F8-8040-74C721B6DF9A.jpeg

Cheers, y’all.

Ken, irthesteve, momo32t and 4 others like this.
  8. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

forgot to post this. Pick up this last Thursday. Shipping all within CA.
    D2014E10-D8EF-46F2-8A56-36DB850A60FC.jpeg

9. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

been slowly making my way through my "cellar" (aka beers that have just been sitting in a closet for a few years) while I try to avoid going out. had a vanilla oak-aged WWS, Fruit-full Fort, 2018 bcbs coffee barleywine, and referend krak! I have a Tired Hands stout that I bought like two years ago (Tony Vecchio) that i'll be cracking open soon too. seems like it'll be really weird.

also, breweries around here are selling beer super quickly. I'll see Forest & Main release a beer and then it's unavailable by the next week whereas they usually have cans last 3-4 weeks (during non-coronavirus times). I'm glad to see that some breweries around here are still doing well. potentially getting Tired Hands pizza and cans this weekend and maybe Forest & Main next weekend.

just like all of you, I'm drinking way too much. but I picked up a four pack of pounders of Bell's Two Hearted yesterday for 9.50 at my local Acme so not everything is bad.

Oddpac87, bigmike, sean_rugy and 2 others like this.
  10. Monk's in Philly had cans of Heady Topper and Focal Banger for sale. I would have considered it if I lived in the city, but not worth me driving in. Also they were 30 bucks a four pack.

Ken and bigmike like this.
  11. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

That's a hell of a mark-up for the shipping. In VT, 4-packs of Heady and Focal are like $14 each lol. I couldn't believe how inexpensive they were when I was up there last year.

bigmike, Ken, waking season and 2 others like this.
  12. irthesteve

I got Headdy Topper from our BevMo in LA, and I am very far from the brewery. 4-pack for 19.99

bigmike likes this.
  13. williek311

Thats ridiculous. I know people will still pay for it.

14. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I’m always shocked but pleasantly surprised how affordable The Alchemist is. Granted, the 2.5 hour drive up more than makes up for it but it’s always wild to me that Heady and Focal are $12.50 (plus tax/deposit). Meanwhile Trillium’s IPAs go for like $17-$23 a 4-pack.

bigmike and Anthony_ like this.
  15. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

All of the best stuff in VT was shockingly inexpensive, tbh. Hill Farmstead especially has ridiculously reasonable prices considering their status in the beer world and the quality of their product. They could easily get away with charging so much more than they do.

waking season and Ken like this.
  16. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I’ve never made it to Hill Farmstead but I’ve had one or two of their beers before and loved them. Once all this shit ends I definitely need to visit.

Anthony_ likes this.
  17. williek311

I was suppose to go to VT in about a month, but obviously all those plans have been canceled :(

18. momo32t

Trusted

Happy National Beer Day y’all. As good of a beer as any to go on a Passover hiatus with.

2DAA05BE-46CC-4C20-A13F-DBCB33F8C39E.jpeg

19. irthesteve

Wasn't going to have a beer tonight but I guess it's National Beer Day and it's also still quarantine so here we are!

IMG_20200407_220752.jpg

20. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I’d like to try this

21. djwildefire

Trusted

I cracked a Cantillon Mamouche (lambic with elderflowers) last night, cuz why not? Great beer, but honestly not quite up to par with other Cantillon beers I’ve tried. Missing some of that signature funk and the elderflower kind of overpowered everything.

momo32t and bigmike like this.
  22. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

A Deal With The Devil cans on Tavour for $50 a pop. Damn

23. irthesteve

That's far too much for a can of anything, but boy does that beer sound fuckin good

djwildefire likes this.
  24. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Gone already lol

25. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

F3A8640D-AC8E-4C70-B342-997C69C24B3A.jpeg

Hump Day, Drunk Day