Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Beer Thread • Page 346

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

:tear:

bigmike likes this.
  2. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Fuckin sucks, I'm wishing the happiest thoughts for you

bigmike likes this.
  4. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

From earlier:

IMG_6253.jpg

5. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Thank you. I’m super calm about it. My bosses on our conference call said they’ll pay everyone for about a month at the most. So I’ll be good until about April 13th, after that who knows.

6. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Having Hoplite by black project. 4.5% sour wheat with blood orange and cryo columbus and this is just straight up stellar. Big fan.

djwildefire and waking season like this.
  7. irthesteve

I went to Black Project back in November, literally everything on the tap list sounded good... so my wife and I split a flight of the entire taplist lol

8. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

I was going to go to Denver in May but now’ll have to wait.

9. irthesteve

I hadn't ever really been til maybe a year or so ago, then my wife's brother moved there and we've gone like... 4 times in the last year. It's a super cheap and quick flight from LA and it's such a damn fun city, lots to do. Definitely re-book your trip when all this madness is over!

bigmike likes this.
  10. djwildefire

Trusted

Sometimes I forget how good Alesmith Speedway Stout is

bobby_runs and bigmike like this.
  11. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

bobby_runs, bigmike, momo32t and 2 others like this.
  12. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

I wonder how many breweries will keep their shipping mode after things settle down.

Joe4th and waking season like this.
  13. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

I know the veil started and suspended shipping operations because they sold out of shopping supplies in like 12 hours. I’m not sure people will continue the shipping but I could see online ordering and delivery options continuing.

bigmike likes this.
  14. williek311

Not that they can't it's just an additional cost, employee and space for storage. Plus shipping in the summer is not ideal for beverages in the south when you could have a beer sitting on a porch in the sun when it's 100+ degrees. I know I've had wine shipments stalled as the winemaker wouldn't ship when it was too hot.

I know Tired Hands does Dudley Direct, I'm not sure when that started but I don't know how they handle shipping in summer. Its all very possible though.

bigmike likes this.
  15. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Baffin Brewing is starting delivery tomorrow, and I am in the radius of them so I’ll definitely be ordering to help support them in this mess

bigmike likes this.
  16. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Fuckkkk thats awesome. Would love to get some mango unchained.

Joe4th likes this.
  17. williek311

I’m just buying a keg tomorrow. Cleaning everything today and hooking lines up.

18. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

What’re you getting?

19. williek311

bigmike likes this.
  20. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

I wish I had a home brew set up at this time. I’d be trying to make some hop water like lagunitas.

Ken, MexicanGuitars and Joe4th like this.
  21. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Trying to go through the old beers in my fridge so I don't drink all of my new beers in a week. Having a Celebration

Ken, Cameron and bigmike like this.
  22. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I have beer for months and months, just not fresh IPAs and stuff obviously. But if getting other options becomes harder I can definitely get creative with meal pairings or what I cook with.

Ken and bigmike like this.
  23. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I was in the midst of going to the gym regularly and eating healthier right before all of this shit started. Typically, I'd limit drinking beer to Thursday-Saturday.
    Drinking a minimum of 2 beers every night while playing games with friends or watching movies is certainly not helping any of that.

24. williek311

Dude same.

ncarrab, bigmike and OhTheWater like this.
  25. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Somehow I’ve kept my dry Lent going except for one day where I felt bad and ordered some Dovetail delivery to help them out.

But yeah looking forward to Easter lol

bigmike likes this.