Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Beer Thread • Page 331

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

62683B92-E1BD-4884-8C37-65C70BE9FC62.jpeg 78D80795-92A1-4419-A3ED-61ADA22F249B.jpeg

2. momo32t

Trusted

I love all of the Barrelworks stuff.

3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Barrelworks is consistently great

4. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

as well as Firestone barrel aged offerings

5. spreadthehummus2321

wanna go for a ryyyde

firestone walker makes some good beer always liked the union jack but mind haze is my favorite since getting onboard w the haze craze

6. I hadn’t even thought to give it a try even though Lagunitas is definitely my go to. Will have to pick some up on my next trip!

waking season likes this.
  7. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

7 Craft Beer Trends in 2020

Interesting article about craft beer trends in 2020. Basically talks about how hazy's are here to stay, low abv beers are becoming more popular, while higher ones are becoming more niche, and the desire for craft breweries to market themselves to gain more share of the industry over the big beer companies.

8. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I personally don’t like the lower ABV beers becoming a trend, BUT if it makes these low cal hazy’s more of a gateway beer for non craft people so be it.

9. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

this was delicious.

momo32t likes this.
  10. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Give me low abv German/Czech style lagers all day

11. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

My favorite local brewery released a new NE IPA tonight, and had Disney trivia... so I had to go... only to be slaughtered at the trivia. Shame, too... being a former Disney CM. But this was/is a pretty damn good beer.

One of the other breweries announced today that they're closing, after being open for less than a year. Terrible location (one way road) and terrible social media presence likely to key to that.

waking season likes this.
  12. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I wish non-fruited goses were more readily available

bigmike, BlueEyesBrewing and momo32t like this.
  13. momo32t

Trusted

I have to wonder if people use fruit in it to mask how they messed up the style.

If I understand what you’re saying, I also want to taste the salt and coriander when I drink a gose.

14. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

The Anderson valley gose was the best. Use to have it in the fridge on the reg. Now it’s hard to find. It’s always the watermelon one or another variant.

15. momo32t

Trusted

Westbrook’s gose is pretty damn good too. But I probably would take their key lime version.

16. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah I do enjoy some fruited ones but sometimes I just want the salt and coriander. Long Trail’s cranberry gose is pretty solid though.

BlueEyesBrewing likes this.
  17. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

I’ve always enjoyed Sixpoint’s Jammer. And even though Seaquench has limes they aren’t overpowering and that beer is super refreshing

waking season and momo32t like this.
  18. momo32t

Trusted

I feel like Seaquench was a big part of the equation when Boston Beer Company pursued them.

The only downside of that is some of Dogfishs other offerings fell on the wayside. I love their Festina Peche (peach Berliner weisse) but I don’t think it’s been produced in over a year

19. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

I always forget that Boston Beer bought/merged with Dogfish. I haven’t always enjoyed all of Dogfish’s beers but I have always really liked them as a brewery. Sam seems like a really cool owner and they do so many cool experiments

Ken, momo32t and waking season like this.
  20. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

RT RT RT.

add to that: non pastry stouts and IPA’s that dont have vanilla in them.

21. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

This is 95% of kettle sours that are made. Brewers know they’re safe to make because not only are they popular, but there is virtually no risk because they’re so forgivable to mistakes in the brewing process when they’re going to be fruited to hell and back.

momo32t and bigmike like this.
  22. spreadthehummus2321

wanna go for a ryyyde

hey pals just thought of a good idea from now on whenever im on this site and drinking at the same time im going to post every beer i crack open

number 1:

cigar city gauyabera

go go go go

irthesteve and bigmike like this.
  23. bigmike Feb 28, 2020
    (Last edited: Feb 28, 2020)
    bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

We struggle massively with every kettle sour having that tetra Cheerios finish.

Oddpac87 likes this.
  24. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Dogfish Beer For Breakfast is still very good. I've been off their IPAs for a while.

25. kidblink

Regular Supporter

Enjoy this power hour while enjoying your Friday beers today!