Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Beer Thread • Page 326

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 16, 2016.

1. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

In the time you would be sitting in line from lets say 3 til 12 the time they open up, you could in that same time drive from other half to suarez have a beer buy some to go then drive to treehouse, have a beer maybe get some to go and then drive back to other half.

I don't know what lines are like at treehouse on saturday these days though.

momo32t, Oddpac87 and bigmike like this.
  2. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

they open at 10 for can/bottle releases on Saturdays

aliens exist likes this.
  3. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Some RAR beers popping up around Philly!

4. williek311

Well 7 hours, is just the drive itself and doesn't account for stopping anywhere really. Still waiting in line is dumb.

5. Anthony_

When it's worth it, it's worth it. And for OH stouts it's worth it.

aliens exist likes this.
  6. momo32t

Trusted

i would rather use my time this way. Thankfully I have a buddy getting me a bottle of regular banana, so I am avoiding that mess tomorrow

7. momo32t

Trusted

Hey @Anthony_ just as a heads up there are evidently already more chairs in line than bottles of BA Bananaversary available. I don't know if that will deter you, but wanted to let you know.

8. Anthony_

Jesus Christ. I mean not getting the BA isn’t the end of the world but like come on. They really shouldn’t allow that shit.

9. djwildefire

Trusted

haha so many. Pretty much every Bay Area and surrounding area brewery, plus a bunch of out of town tap takeovers like Trillium, Monkish, Side Project, Bottle Logic, etc. also some spots to get lambic in draft or bottles.

10. momo32t

Trusted

Unfortunately it’s something OH tolerates. As of now, the line is at Court St, which means it’s about 100 deep:

Attached Files:

11. Anthony_

yeah I mean it’s not even worth going at all at that point

12. momo32t

Trusted

yea I’m upset too. I just didn’t want you to drive all the way out to BK just to witness this chair debacle

Anthony_ likes this.
  13. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

Wait, people can just leave a chair there and count that as standing in line?

14. Anthony_

I really appreciate the heads up, seriously. Saved me a wasted drive to Brooklyn lol and then sunk cost phallacy would’ve compelled me to stay just to see what would be left when I got to the front, and I’d inevitably be disappointed lol

momo32t likes this.
  15. momo32t

Trusted

Its a weird thing but the long and the short of it is yea. Other Half permits their “regulars” to put their chairs down as markers. They can leave and come back for wristbands. People are very territorial about chair placement. People have tried to move chairs and fights have broken out.

BlueEyesBrewing likes this.
  16. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

That’s kinda shitty. Wonder why they even announce a release if they just give them to their friends essentially haha

momo32t likes this.
  17. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

There’s a brewery in Michigan that used to have a big festival/beer release in December every year and they moved from having lines to just running a list so you can show up at anytime after 5 pm the night before and just put your name on the list.

Joe4th likes this.
  18. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

wow

momo32t likes this.
  19. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Look

maybe it's a dick move

but

call the cops

say there's people disturbing the peace late at night outside of a residental neighborhood

eh???

20. irthesteve

nevermind, saw the IG post hah

21. momo32t

Trusted

Someone already posted this today lol
    326DC67B-CE10-4D66-8F74-87069ED9FF1A.jpeg

22. irthesteve

momo32t likes this.
  23. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

happy to call Grimm home. got tomorrow’s bottle release tonight and they threw me a mislabeled can from their ‘Magnetic Compass’ re-release tomorrow.

bigmike and momo32t like this.
  24. irthesteve

I've never had Grimm before, but I just today got a bottle of Both Sides Now sittin in my fridge, it sounds amazing

sean_rugy and momo32t like this.
  25. williek311