Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Beer Thread • Page 308

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 16, 2016.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Tonight's brew

[​IMG]

momo32t, Anthony_ and Joe4th like this.
  2. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Many good brews were had in Toronto over the holiday weekend, but this is my favorite pic.

Attached Files:

momo32t likes this.
  3. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

It was about an hour when I went last week

4. Damn. Might have to skip it since I'll have a baby with me and was hoping to just pop in and out.

waking season likes this.
  5. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

To be fair it was Black Friday so probably a bit busier than normal, they do move things pretty quickly once you’re in.

6. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

There really is no quick in-and-out at that place, though. I'm pretty sure even when it's "empty" it's still a 15-20 min wait

waking season likes this.
  7. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

It takes that long to figure out what the fuck you're buying a ticket for at the bar.

BlueEyesBrewing likes this.
  8. momo32t

Trusted

Waiting aside the two ticket limit is pretty smart on their part. Can't even imagine the dram shop liability if they didn't.

9. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

I used to be able to drive up after work on a weekday and be the only one there, before they opened the new location. The good ole days...

10. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

Do they still have the different levels of tickets, $6, $7, $8 I believe they were? Or did they change it to just 2 general tickets that could get anything?

11. momo32t

Trusted

Reminds me of the pre-expansion Other Half days when their taproom was the size of a shoebox.

EASheartsVinyl and Anthony_ like this.
  12. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Haha yeah probably. I stopped buying it because they were $16 six packs and their first shipment to Michigan was 3 month old sculpin lol. What a mess of a launch they had in Michigan.

Joe4th and EASheartsVinyl like this.
  13. irthesteve

Understandable, I definitely have a different Ballast experience than most since I live in CA. I never buy Ballast Point for home consumption, but visit their tasting rooms often, they have always been a staple of the San Diego beer scene and their newer tasting rooms in the LA area are great fun. Also, I am way more familar with their experimental, barrel aged and sours that I get at the tasting rooms than anything they mass produce.

Long story short, Ballast Point still felt relatively the same after the Contellation acquisition as it did before when you look through the lens of California

bigmike likes this.
  14. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

all tickets are $8 now. and that'll get you a 20 oz, 18 oz, 16 oz, or 12 oz beer.

20 oz are the low abv beers like their lagers, pilsners, and blondes (Nomad, Trail, Eureka, etc).

18 oz are their more standard flagship beers like Green and Julius.

16 oz are their a little more rare ones or their higher ABV ones like Haze and Doppelganger (you can also do a ticket for two 8 oz pours of two different 16 oz beers).

12 oz are their most rare beers - the rare IPAs like Juice Machine and King Julius; the canned IPAs with a fruit addition like Julius with peach or Super Treat with guava, and the big stouts (the ones closer to 10% abv).

BlueEyesBrewing likes this.
  15. momo32t

Trusted

So a bodega in the city was selling 375 ML bottles of Cantillon. Naturally I splurged on a Rose de Gambrinus and Kriek.

Anthony_ and djwildefire like this.
  16. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

33F4CF1A-DA0F-4DB7-96AB-546E1261CE2E.jpeg

Tonight

Oddpac87, sean_rugy, momo32t and 3 others like this.
  17. irthesteve

sounds damn good

Anthony_ likes this.
  18. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

I apologize for any drunk posts in here I make. I’m going to bells Eccentric Day this morning.

19. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Damn, sounds way better than my mornin'.

20. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

407C7DC5-96A8-435B-A89A-D314E9158D0E.jpeg

21. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

I am so incredibly jealous.

bigmike likes this.
  22. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

that Tina tattoo rules

23. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah. My girlfriends tattoos are great. She has Louise as darth Vader and it’s rad.

24. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

2015 expedition stout is basically the perfect RIS.

Joe4th likes this.
  25. jciswhatis

Ugh, I hate America. Supporter

I've enjoyed all the Expedition Stout's.