Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Beer Thread • Page 305

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

The most recent trend I've seen that I really like is using a service like EventBrite to reserve bottles/cans online. Then you just go and pick them up when you can. I honestly think every brewery should do this for ultra-limited releases.

sean_rugy and irthesteve like this.
  2. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Perrin in Grand Rapids, which is part of CANarchy with oskar blues and cigar city release a 15% Vietnamese imperial porter every year and they don’t have bottle limits, so a Detroit craft beer group filled with all the haze bro’s that make me actively hate a lot of beer consumers always pool money together and one dude goes and buys $2500 worth of bottles for the group. So a fuck ton of people don’t wait in lines, get bottles that other people would want but then can’t get. It’s fucking absurd.

3. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

That happens here all the time too. Even if there are limits people will bring in huge numbers of mules and buy up a big percentage of the bottles anyway. Same with glasses. There might be 200 glasses and 40 people who care, but a bunch of people will buy them up 10 at a time only to flip to those 40 people.

I thought I left clippers behind when I got mostly out of the vinyl toy game, then I got into beer...

bigmike and Anthony_ like this.
  4. Anthony_

That’s so fucked. Whenever popular places don’t do limits I’m always like beyond dumbfounded. It’s just not fair for this exact reason.

bigmike and EASheartsVinyl like this.
  5. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Picked up a bottle of Allagash Coolship Pêche, can’t wait to try it tomorrow.

BlueEyesBrewing and djwildefire like this.
  6. waking season Nov 27, 2019
    (Last edited: Nov 27, 2019)
    waking season

Trusted Prestigious

98B59306-F2FB-4E97-8536-9106C8E6EACB.jpeg

Tomorrow’s lineup with a bunch more of the Dogfish Head, Schilling, and Hobbs in the fridge.

7. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I’m loving that Suddenly Comfy

waking season likes this.
  8. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I’m excited to try it, sounds tasty

9. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

A local liquor store was selling Bourbon County early so I grabbed a few for $12.99 :-O

Cameron and momo32t like this.
  10. momo32t

Trusted

Tonight and tomorrow’s lineup:
    2F1F16BB-4071-432F-BD5D-48A34AF9D3B3.jpeg

sean_rugy, Anthony_ and waking season like this.
  11. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

CAE002ED-4D1C-40BE-BD74-041362B3318E.jpeg

feels good to be home and love a good magnum sale. Rose Hill Batch #1 from Plan Bee - Wild Ale w / Plums and Peaches from Rose Hill Farm, fruity and tart.

grabbed a couple Oxbow bottles too at the local shop.

Anthony_, EASheartsVinyl and momo32t like this.
  12. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

The local place is actually giving away the Bourbon County for free on Friday, I guess because they don't want to support AB. Idk if it's gonna be worth me making the trip back from my parents house early though

bigmike, waking season and Anthony_ like this.
  13. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I need a place like this

ChaseTx likes this.
  14. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

It really is a great place. As you can tell by their post about it

Screenshot_20191127-224100_Facebook.jpg

15. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

After the infamous year of waiting in multiple lines around town for hours only for it to turn out to be infected, I’ve totally given up on the BC hunt.

16. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Just go to Shields Market no line and you can buy bottles if you want. Might not get the most exclusive variants though.

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  17. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

Wouldn’t that store have already paid AB for the BCBS in order to get it at all? So they’re only taking money away from themselves?

waking season, bigmike and Cameron like this.
  18. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Exactly

19. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Publicity stunt. But as a consumer, at cost BCBS is great

20. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Yep. It’s crazy.
    Like on one hand I get it. I think every brewery has a fear of beer sitting so I get it. I’d rather make people mad that there are limits and spread the love around.

EASheartsVinyl and Anthony_ like this.
  21. Anthony_

Yeah that’s a good point I didn’t consider, about the beer sitting.

bigmike likes this.
  22. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Mostly that’s just me working at a small brewery and constantly in fear that we won’t move beer and I’ll lose my job lol. Perrin’s special release beer doesn’t sit so they have little excuse for no limits

Anthony_ likes this.
  23. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Saw that weird Three Philosophers variety pack at the store today. Wine, Bourbon and Blueberry Coffee (?) plus original and a class. I haven’t had the OG in forever

irthesteve and bigmike like this.
  24. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Oh shit that sounds delicious and my girlfriend used to have an Ommegang glass that broke. Hmmmm.

OhTheWater likes this.
  25. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Cheapish too! Like 27

bigmike likes this.