Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Beer Thread • Page 301

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 16, 2016.

1. momo32t

Trusted

You want to meet up at the Well? It'll take me a bit of time coming from Park Slope. When do you think you'll get there? Also want to try for a glass if I can.

2. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

I'm into it. I plan on getting there early, a little before 10am when they are handing out wristbands. it's about a 15 minute walk from my place. I'm heading to NJ in the early afternoon so it's a quick grab and go kind of situation.

3. momo32t

Trusted

Yea that's all I plan to do. I may get there around 9ish just to have a better shot at a glass. But definitely cannot devote more than the morning to this - fiancé will not be happy if beer torpedoed our Saturday.

PM me and we can coordinate.

sean_rugy likes this.
  4. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

I have zero problems with Sierra Nevada in the top ten on that list. Literally their entire portfolio is good. The make a solid hazy ipa, they crush oktoberfest beers every fall, they just dipped into the sour game (or are soon, can’t remember) and their classic ipas are as good as ever. Add in tradition, being basically a self sufficient brewery energy-wise, and I would be hard pressed to find 10 breweries that I like more. But that’s just me.

5. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

SN is underrated at this point. Always flying under the radar because their beers are easy to get and on shelves everywhere

Cameron and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  6. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

SN isn’t bad by any means but ranking it above almost every single place that’s below it is absurd. But especially Hill Farm.

Also I would’ve been totally cool with Treehouse landing at #1 instead of Firestone because Treehouse is effing awesome and at that point we’re talking personal preference but Hill Farm should’ve been #2.

bigmike likes this.
  7. Joe4th

Man I just remembered SN Celebration is on shelves. Need to pick up a sixer

bigmike and Cameron like this.
  8. Anthony_

This one is right in my Q-zone baby

bigmike likes this.
  9. Anthony_

DBA1C183-FD9B-4696-B793-6C746C2F85A4.jpeg

Tonight’s beverage

bigmike likes this.
  10. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

Someone get me those Grimm releases!!

momo32t and Anthony_ like this.
  11. Anthony_

This is a real bad weekend for me to not have beer money y’all

sean_rugy, momo32t and Joe4th like this.
  12. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Wowza I might need to get out to Imprint this weekend. Their taplist looks dope right now

Anthony_ likes this.
  13. momo32t

Trusted

Anthony_ likes this.
  14. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

For Three Years, Averie Swanson Was The Head Brewer At Jester King. Then, She Left. What’s Next?

edit: the best part, imo

“KG: Will you have a taproom?

AS: I’m going to be selling the beers out of Half Acre’s taproom, the Lincoln location. At some point in the future, we’ll be selling at both locations. It’s super small batch stuff for now, because it’s basically just me. I’m interested in creating beer that’s more elevated than what we have in the industry right now, but still approachable. I want to make beer for wine geeks, but also something the common person can still enjoy. I like the idea of making something that appeals to people outside the inner beer circle. That being said, I appreciate what those people have done for our industry, but I think we should be reaching outside this inner circle and trying to appeal to people who haven’t had their first craft beer experience.

KG: Can you say a little bit more about that? Because I think it’s important, and maybe where the industry is headed.

AS: These big IPAs and pastry stouts have removed the versatility from the beverage. If you put something out with coconut and caramel and peanut butter and banana, how many things can you really pair that with that taste good? Probably nothing. Maybe a campfire. But even then, it needs to be really cold and I need to be passing out in a tent to fully appreciate that beverage. I don’t want to sound like a snob because I appreciate what that beer is. But from a drinkability perspective, it’s low. I’d say the same for a crazy lactose sour. How many things can you enjoy that with? Beer can be the star of the show or a complementary experience. I want to make beer that adds to something, rather than something that requires all the attention.”

[​IMG]

15. Anthony_

bring me back some plz

OhTheWater likes this.
  16. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Hashtag Friday
    27B1D575-4FFB-4730-B9EB-BA3563F2993C.jpeg

17. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Begyle’s Imperial Pajamas release party was a blast last night. The bear claw variant was UNREAL.

Attached Files:

MexicanGuitars and irthesteve like this.
  18. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

F2D463C9-F59A-45AE-B8C5-D95AC2F5CBC4.jpeg

with @momo32t for the HVB release in Brooklyn, it was cold out there folks.

19. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Um something else nuts happening at Half Acre RIP my bank account

chewbacca110 and bigmike like this.
  20. Joe4th

I found a four pack of Cafe Deth today and I’m so excited

bigmike, Anthony_ and momo32t like this.
  21. Joe4th

Also found a bottle of barrel aged prairie birthday bomb. It’s a good day

bigmike and Anthony_ like this.
  22. Anthony_

Thinking about road-tripping it for these:

Aslin BA stouts have been some of the best I’ve ever had.

bigmike and momo32t like this.
  23. Anthony_

That Nutella and banana one is going to phuxck me all the way up

StuffinCups and Ken like this.
  24. momo32t

Trusted

Great time with @sean_rugy on Saturday jumping from the Well to Grimm.

Was not expecting to begin drinking at 10 am, but managed to drink some pretty nice stuff while waiting:

- Hudson Valley x The Veil Curtains IV
    - Cantillon Kriek 2019
    - Burley Oak Double Apple Pie JREAM

Anthony_, bigmike and irthesteve like this.
  25. Anthony_

Burley Oak is putting out a Coquito JREAM this weekend and that just sounds divine