Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Beer Thread • Page 3

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Snewt

Does whatever a spider can. Prestigious

this is the one I got for Christmas a few years ago. It has pretty much everything you'll need to get started. I didn't have a 5 gallon stainless steel pot, so I bought one of those. I also picked up a wort chiller so I could cool the boil faster than using an ice bath (it's supposed to help with clarity).

2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I'm obsessed with this beer I have at home. I can't place the name. I usually just go in and the guy has it ready for me. lol. It's canned and has pine trees and hops with faces on it. I think it's out of Maine. Gotta figure it out cause it is sooooo so good.

3. Snewt

4. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

5. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

I had the Dogfish Head Beer To Drink Music To Tripel the other day, which is apparently the RSD Official Beer, and although it was expensive (11.99 for a 4 pack) it was really good.

6. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

Then again, it seemed like the least surprising thing in the world that a Record Store Day beer would be insanely overpriced.

stnewton and ChiliTacos like this.
  7. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

8. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

Allagash white is delicious and also one of the easiest drinking beers in existence

9. Snewt

haha make your way down south and we'll go on a brewery tour of the state and have some tasty beverages.

Only fucked up thing about breweries in Georgia is that state law prevents them from selling beer direct to consumer to take home.

Ryan Dennehy likes this.
  10. cwhit

I love Tripels, Golden Monkey may be my all time favorite beer at this point

11. I'm big on a lot of stuff, but these are some of my favorite breweries.

- JAFB Wooster Brewery (Where I spend most evenings)
    - Woodchuck Cider (My favorite cidery)
    - Shiner (The bock is really great)
    - Kona Brewing Company (I generally only drink their stuff if my girlfriend hasn't already claimed it for herself)

If there is something new on tap, I'll try it. I very rarely have something familiar when I'm out.

12. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

This is the best beer to drink if you don't like hard liquor but you want to get drunk.

13. cwhit

It's also fucking delicious, haha.

14. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

But Blue Moon > Shock Top

Can't stand the added orange flavor found in Shock Top. Both are good beers to get people away from light beers and into craft.

Vincentbiz likes this.
  15. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

i cant stand either of them haha i'd rather drink light than those

16. Wall Of Arms

LIGHTEN UP, BUTTERCUP Prestigious

I drank a Bud Light recently because it was all there was on offer and it made me want to pour it down the sink and go to bed instead haha.

17. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Blue Moon and Shock Top were definitely some of the beers that early on got me to realize that there are more options out there, and kinda point me towards better stuff. I can still drink them now (I'll drink anything honestly), but I way prefer other whites & wheats if I get the choice

18. cwhit

At this point I'd rather not drink beer at all than drink a bad beer haha

stnewton, Jason Tate and Jacob Tender like this.
  19. Angry Orchard Cider steered me into the right direction. That summer cider became my thing. That fall, Reds and Browns. Winter, porters and stouts. I've rotated my taste the same way since.

Who's on Untappd or Next Glass?

20. cwhit

I do untappd. Roommate got me really into it, can't have a beer without rating it now haha

21. I just started on Untappd. I prefer Next Glass, but they take forever to add brews. I sent you a friend request.

22. cwhit

Damn I didn't even tell you what mine was look at you creeping on me!

23. Your name is Casey Whitman. How could I ever forget?

24. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

I have been meaning to join untappd. Is Next Glass the same thing?

25. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

I've never dome that sort of thing. What's the draw?