Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Beer Thread • Page 296

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

2. momo32t

Trusted

bottle shop by my office had a few. Lord knows where. Will be aging for a decent amount of time

3. Anthony_ Oct 23, 2019
    (Last edited: Oct 23, 2019)
    Anthony_

...which bottle shop haha

4. Anthony_

Oddpac87 likes this.
  5. djwildefire

Trusted

momo32t and bigmike like this.
  6. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

7. Anthony_

8. momo32t

Trusted

Clinton Gourmet Corp. I got the last bottle of hommage but they may still have the kriek and gaston

Anthony_ likes this.
  9. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

Bella Vista in Philly posted last night that they got Cantillon Gueuze in as well as Drie Fontenin Gueuze, Kriek, Hommage, and what looks like Armand and Gaston? but I'm not 100% sure.

momo32t likes this.
  10. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

This one's pretty good

Attached Files:

11. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

bigmike and Anthony_ like this.
  12. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

This is crazy. I still can’t believe how bad they come off in that article from Monday. Like having a white guy, and black guy printer....get fucked.

bigmike and Joe4th like this.
  13. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Was at total wine yesterday and came across some Sierra Nevada Torpedo Ale that was bottled 01/18/19, woof. So many IPAs just aging on shelves it's so gross.

bigmike likes this.
  14. Anthony_

The only stuff I buy from liquor stores anymore is wine, liquor, and claws bbbbbbbbb

irthesteve likes this.
  15. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

I have a beer and wine superstore called Table and Vine two minutes from my apartment and they have a very robust craft beer selection. Like two grocery store aisles length. I never want to move.

bigmike likes this.
  16. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Oh man. The bottle shop I worked at three years ago has bombers of Black Xantus which was an imperial stout we got in three weeks before I started. I hope my work never goes into cans and plays the retail package game.

Joe4th likes this.
  17. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Wonder if Founders will cover up the giant mural of a lone white dude drinking beer they put on the side of their Detroit taproom.

Oddpac87, Anthony_ and Joe4th like this.
  18. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

they probably thought it was black

19. Anthony_

Anybody going to Only Void Day at Tired Hands on Sunday? I'm going for cans and to eat.

momo32t likes this.
  20. momo32t

Trusted

I would buy alien church any time I went down there. Such a great beer.

Anthony_ likes this.
  21. Anthony_

Probably only buying stouts this trip but yeah Alien Church is the best.

22. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

If I had a brewery I think I would stick to tap room sales for togo beer. Just maintain QC of my product.

bigmike likes this.
  23. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

beer in the UK and ireland has been good. that’s my report.

Joe4th likes this.
  24. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Yep. With Michigan laws, places (depending on your liscense I.e. brew pub or brewery are two different licenses here) that produce less than 1000 barrels can self distribute and it’s been proposed to raise that limit to like 2500 (Indiana is 30,000!!!).

With that limit, if you’re self distributing 1000 bbls you’re doing so well and hooking up with a distributor is awesome cause the proof of concept is there. Those breweries are few and far between so I 100% agree. I’d have cans for to-go sales and then can off stuff for special releases and sell em straight from the pub.

25. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

Not sure if you're aware, but they'll definitely have older variants of Only Void on tap throughout the day.

Last year, the Brew Cafe did almost like the opposite of Only Void Day (besides the OV Zinfandel they had on) and they had a bunch of sours/saisons that were delicious. not sure if they'll be doing it again this year though!