Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Beer Thread • Page 289

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 16, 2016.

1. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Lmaooo I was so nervous to post in this thread I got a beer wrong I drink every single weekend.

I been drinking them Michelob Ultra Golds lately. They’re not bad

GrantCloud and Cameron like this.
  2. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

No need to ever feel nervous about posting in here, every beer has a place.

But if you ever feel like venturing out from the michelob’s this is the place to ask.

3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190921200631221_COVER.jpg

This is great. The Mussles From Brussels from Honolulu Beer Works.

Need a beer for marathoning Jean Claude Van Damme classics like Bloodsport and Double Impact? Look no further. True to style, our new Belgian Tripel packs a ton of alcohol muscle in the disguise of a copper-colored, dry, malt-forward ale that carries the typical Belgian banana and clove flavors

bigmike and Anthony_ like this.
  4. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Def gonna try to venture this thread more but it’s a lil intimidating due to all the knowledge haha

BlueEyesBrewing, Oddpac87 and bigmike like this.
  5. JoshShulkin

Regular Supporter

I also want to venture more into this thread to learn about beer since I drink so much of it haha

I currently have some of Left Hand's Nitro white russian stout waiting for me when I can drink again in two weeks

Anthony_ and Oddpac87 like this.
  6. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

Everyone in here that’s super knowledgeable about beer loves to share that knowledge, so please feel free to ask any and all questions.

7. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

7EB0ECAE-F61C-4DFA-BA77-149EC018DBD9.jpeg

stout szn bb

8. momo32t

Trusted

After being in Detroit this weeekend I had far too much Bells and Founders

Anthony Brooks, bigmike and Cameron like this.
  9. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

bigmike, sean_rugy, Cameron and 5 others like this.
  10. irthesteve

It's always stout season

11. Anthony_

12. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Found out we’re going to be transitioning from Oktoberfest to Celebration mid of next month....which is probably the earliest we’ve ever done that.

bigmike likes this.
  13. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Doesn't surprise me...seeing as this year I was seeing pumpkin/oktoberfest beers as early as mid-July this year.

Cameron likes this.
  14. Anthony_

oh mah gahhhhhhh

Fronnyfron and bigmike like this.
  15. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

I will be out of town but this is rad.

momo32t and Anthony_ like this.
  16. sean_rugy

this was heavy as hell but tasty.

36455D82-1364-4153-913A-23214C0ABCB2.jpeg

Anthony_ and Cameron like this.
  17. momo32t

Trusted

What sucks is I have missed this event every year - this year looks to be no different.

Luckily, I’ll be going to Suarez 2 weeks afterward after some hiking. Hoping they still have cans of Bones Shirt around.

Anthony_ likes this.
  18. sean_rugy Sep 25, 2019
    (Last edited: Sep 25, 2019)
    sean_rugy

going to be in San Diego for the weekend for work and will be trying to squeeze in a few beer stops where I can. really looking forward to Pure Project, that's gonna be a definite. anything else I should keep my eye out for? besides Mikkeller and Alesmith.

Anthony_ likes this.
  19. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

So you’re gonna be in that area?

I’m a fan of Thunderhawk Alements. I’d also recommend going to Cutwater Spirits. Great spot for a lunch ($13 for a burger/sandwich, a side and canned cocktail).

Most other things are in downtown or mod-City that I would recommend

20. sean_rugy

there’s a Pure Project Balboa Park that I’ll be stopping at, not the one north of the downtown area. unfortunately those other spots are a little too far for the time I’m there without a car. you are literally guiding this trip for me haha been thinking about that burrito all week.

21. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Didn’t realize I was responding to the same user. I thought with the breweries you listed you would have been in the Mira Mesa neighborhood.

From PP you can take a 20 minute walk (according to Google maps) to Panama 66 which is just on the other side of the bridge. P66 is known locally for having their tap list only being SD area breweries. Their hours are weird so I’d either call or check social media before heading over.

bigmike and sean_rugy like this.
  22. sean_rugy

Anthony_ likes this.
  23. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

The Veil sent out an e-mail yesterday for all of the beers for Zwanze Day and I'm super stoked to try an NEIPA from Monkish for the first time. there's tons of hype surrounding them, so hopefully it lives up to the expectation!

24. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Ballast Point
    Stone
    Belching Beaver

sean_rugy and irthesteve like this.
  25. irthesteve

Lost Abbey if you are anywhere near there

sean_rugy likes this.