Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Beer Thread • Page 283

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 16, 2016.

1. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

walked 35 minutes to Evil Twin after stepping out and seeing the back tire of my bike was stolen. this Hudson Valley Brewery collab was worth it.

“Sour Triple IPA brewed with milk sugar, lime, dragon fruit and watermelon & hopped with: citra & motueka. Sour watermelon candy with accents of pithy lime, lemon juice and vanilla cake. Firm citric tartness. Medium-full bodied. Creamy mouthfeel. Dangerous. 10%.”

6C7D1845-702E-49CD-8494-B466B68C8A73.jpeg

Cameron and Anthony_ like this.
  2. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Spent this week doing a bunch of cellar work at work because my boss is out of town and man do I wish it was my own beer I was doing the cellar work on.

sean_rugy, Cameron and Joe4th like this.
  3. sean_rugy

that Evil Twin x Hudson Valley collab is actually unreal. also picked up the DDH that speaks to me on a personal level.

F99A28F7-2A3C-4336-84E1-A79823532686.jpeg

4. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

Had that Three Hours beer last night at Nowadays. I love that they have the popup Evil Twin taproom open all night

5. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

44162673-1C31-43E2-B8DF-9F52D224DE95.jpeg

Now drinking. Shout out to Grimm for starting distro to Jersey

momo32t, bigmike, spiffa0 and 2 others like this.
  6. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Nothing like a porter on a 100 degree August day lol 75900F73-A4FC-42CE-B675-D9314760B3A4.jpeg

bigmike, Anthony Brooks and Anthony_ like this.
  7. djwildefire

Trusted

Just tried Oude Quetsche Tilquin, a plum gueuze. Delicious, very glad I picked it up even with the high price tag.

8. There is a chickies and Pete's by my house that has an incredible tap list. It really focuses on NJ beer but then they get some good out of state such as Grimm splish. They even had cans of Brooklyn cider house yesterday.

Anthony_, Oddpac87 and sean_rugy like this.
  9. sean_rugy

Evil Twin’s taproom is going to be really impressive. I’m finishing off the DDH IPA right now, looking forward to seeing the space in action.

Attached Files:

Fronnyfron and Anthony_ like this.
  10. stijn_p

Regular Supporter

Did you ever tried anything from Cantillon?

momo32t likes this.
  11. djwildefire

Trusted

Yes! I’m very lucky that there are a couple places in the SF Bay Area that have Cantillon on draft a couple times a year (usually for special events like Beer Week and anniversaries but occasionally randomly). My girlfriend also went to Belgium a year and a half ago (unfortunately couldn’t make the trip with her) and brought me back some Rose de Gambrinus bottles. Recently, a couple stores in the area got bottles of Fou Foune and St. Lam and I was lucky enough to snag one of each for about $35/750 mL.

I’ve had Fou on draft twice, and it’s probably my favorite beer I’ve ever had. But everything I’ve tried from Cantillon has been excellent.

momo32t likes this.
  12. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Haven't shared any of my recent pickups lately.

IMG_20190824_213732.jpg

Mash & French Toast
    So Happens It's Tuesday S'mores
    Island Time
    Chocolate Reign
    Vermont Sticky Maple
    Muffin Stuffin
    Spontanaheim
    American Anthem

13. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Modern Times released their “seasonal” hazy IPA last week. It’s called Space Ways and easily my favorite beer from them.

bigmike likes this.
  14. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Just had the PBR Hard Coffee and its.... not bad. Kind of taste like yoo-hoo

Anthony_, waking season and bigmike like this.
  15. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

It tastes like a spiked version of those Starbucks things you can get at gas stations, I dig it

Anthony_ likes this.
  16. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

17. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

whoah, that's pretty crazy. didn't see that coming. good for them though. although i'm still bitter they don't distribute in NH when they brew here

waking season likes this.
  18. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

My first thought when I saw the post. Still really cool for them but definitely wish they were in NH.

BlueEyesBrewing likes this.
  19. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Oh wow that’s pretty crazy. Man I love Night Shift

20. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I’ve been telling this to everyone who didn’t believe me that it’s good so it’s nice to know I’m not crazy

bigmike and waking season like this.
  21. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

very excited that Night Shift is coming to Philly. saw murmurs of it earlier this year, but it didn't seem like it was coming from any reliable sources. Philadelphia Business Journal is saying it'll open in Roxborough, but I can't find any other information. Boston Globe's article just says Philadelphia.

22. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Roxborough would be great, that’s where I stay when I visit the area so it would be cool having them so close by. Now if they’d start distributing to NH.

23. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

We got some cans of resilience brewpub out of NH. Solid ratings. Whose had em? We got absence of cake and I believe their Czech Pils.

waking season likes this.
  24. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I’ve never actually had Resilience but their parent brewery, Schilling, is outstanding. Alexandr 10, their Czech Pils, is one of my favorites of theirs.

bigmike likes this.
  25. stijn_p

Regular Supporter

Yes, fou' foune is one of the best beers in the world, totally agree. And Cantillon is my favorite brewery in the world. If you have the chance, you have to try the Saint Lamvinus, that's probably my favorite.
    What are your favorite IPA's? I mean the west coast style, not the New England.
    Favorite stout is Omnipollo's Mud Cake, ever tried that one?

bigmike likes this.