Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Beer Thread • Page 276

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

Making another trip to Sudbury, ON tomorrow! Found some cool Canadian beers last year. Anyone got any recommendations?

Ken likes this.
  2. momo32t

Trusted

My usual metric is 3 and above I would drink it again.

Even if I don’t like something, I still give it about 2.5.

OhTheWater and Oddpac87 like this.
  3. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, a beer usually has to have a noticeable defect for me to give below a 3. That’s my baseline for “ok” beer.

OhTheWater likes this.
  4. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Agreed, 3 means I’d have it again at a bar. 3.75> means I’d buy it at a 6 pack store

waking season and Oddpac87 like this.
  5. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

1 means I won't have it ever again, 2 means I don't want to have it again, 3 means I'd have it again, 4 means I want to have it again, 5 means I need to have it again haha

momo32t likes this.
  6. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

honestly I rank most beers a 3 just to track that I’ve had it. If I really love it I’ll go 3.5 or above.

If I don’t want it again I’ll put it in the 2s.

7. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

I used to use 3.5 as an average beer but I’m now tending towards 3 being average. I don’t care how small the place is, I rate the beer what I feel it deserves based on style and how much I enjoyed the beer. If that’s a 2.25 at a small brewery than so be it.

OhTheWater likes this.
  8. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

Usually if a beer is below a 2.5 I just don’t rate it unless it’s from one of the big breweries maybe. I don’t think I’ve rated anything a 5 hah

waking season likes this.
  9. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Yeah if something from a small brewery is that low for me I just don't rate it. I know I shouldn't feel bad about rating a small brewery's beers that low but I can't help it lol.

10. PepsiOne

Formerly PepsiOne Supporter

I’ve never given a beer a 5, I don’t know what I’m waiting for lol

11. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

I have given so many beers a 5 from when I first started using untappd. I thought the innis and Gunn BA “stouts” were the pinnacle of dark beer.

MexicanGuitars likes this.
  12. momo32t

Trusted

For a 5 something has to make me say “wow” after the first sip or two. Probably only a handful of beers over the years have done that.

I’m curious as to what everyone’s lowest rated is. I gave Avery’s El Gose a 1. Idk if the batch was skunked but I have never hated a beer more.

13. Anthony_

Heading over to pick up summa deez

dylan likes this.
  14. irthesteve

Just had a very nice bunch of breeds at Denver Beer Co

dylan likes this.
  15. Anthony_

Update: bought three of these bottles, plus another bottle and a four pack as well. Whoops.

dylan likes this.
  16. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

did anthony just post something that isn't an NEIPA

bigmike likes this.
  17. dylan

that pretzel assassin tho

18. djwildefire

Trusted

I've given 5 beers a 1: Ballast Point's Thai Chili Wahoo, Southern Tier's Creme Brulee (disgustingly sweet, tasted like confetti cake), Faction's Cherry Chocolate Stout, Faction's B Weisse R (tasted like Pledge), and Matchless' Blueberry Trainwreck (fitting name for a Triple IPA with blueberries). So Faction (a local brewery from Alameda) has the honor of having made 2 of the worst 5 beers I've ever tried.

19. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

4D9F4A6F-A325-43DD-9B27-5F2ADD6D8B8F.jpeg

Garrison City Neverending Circles 1: kettle sour with blueberries, vanilla, and lactose. I think I like the key lime pie version they had in March slightly more but this is still delicious.

PepsiOne likes this.
  20. Anthony_

You clearly don’t come in here often lol

21. PepsiOne

Formerly PepsiOne Supporter

That’s a good looking can

22. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I’ve only recently heard of kettle sours. Anyone try one?

23. irthesteve

I didn't get that one, I gotta go back!!!

24. dylan

You in Denver? If you’re at the brewery get their pretzel w the horseradish mustard sauce too

25. irthesteve

Currently at the Rockies game, gonna go to Epic or Terminal after this. If I end up back there again I'll get the pretzel and pretzel beer

momo32t and dylan like this.