Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Beer Thread • Page 269

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 16, 2016.

1. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

My new apartment is stone's throw from Half Acre, Begyle, and Dovetail in one direction and Hopeleaf in the other. Sipping on a Bodem right now.

Also had a rauchbier from Dovetail the other day and that was delicious.

waking season, Oddpac87 and bigmike like this.
  2. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

2B360BBD-AB6F-4D19-9FDF-CA0003C4F0D2.jpeg

Finally got my hands on this and it was well worth the wait. So much vanilla.

OhTheWater, Oddpac87 and Anthony_ like this.
  3. momo32t

Trusted

Anthony_ and sean_rugy like this.
  4. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

It's July 23 and pumpkin beers are already making some appearances.

5. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

damn, haven’t had Splish and I’ll be out of town this weekend.

6. momo32t

Trusted

It should show up in some bottle shops around the city next week. Splish, in past releases, does go quickly though.

If you’re in the city, I can try and look out for some next week and arrange something.

7. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

I’m a 15 minute walk from Grimm. I’ll keep an eye out for it next week, if you happen to come across some let me know!

8. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Yep. Got to. There's this weird circle (in michigan at least) where distributors want them super early to they can get them to retailers, but retailers I talk to don't want them that early and customers don't drink them until september. I don't know how this cycle happened but it's atrocious and annoying. If we want a pumpkin beer in distro, we have to get it to our distributor by August 15th at the absolute latest, but they want them first week of August.

9. MexicanGuitars

New rule. Any posting of pumpkins beers before Labor Day is a temporary thread ban.

Cameron, JBoch, bigmike and 2 others like this.
  10. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I'll drink pumpkin any time, but we don't really have seasons out here so I have no attachment to things like that ha

bigmike likes this.
  11. MexicanGuitars

See you on September 3rd irthesteve

12. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Anyone try that Lagunitas hop seltzer? I just had one and actually enjoyed it, reminded me of a session IPA without the malt. I can see this being really great for people looking to cut down on drinking but still wanting the hop taste. Not bad at all.

bigmike likes this.
  13. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

14. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Oddpac87 likes this.
  15. bigmike Jul 23, 2019
    (Last edited: Jul 23, 2019)
    bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

“Brewed with the fluffiest pillow fort of oats and some zingy rye malt that would make Katz Delicatessen jealous and water more pure than Jesus Christ himself. We condition it on a sticky gob of chocolate brûlée funnel cake. We used only the best Citra and mosaic because it’s the only hops we have on hand at any point. We get notes of lemon lime orange tangerine kaffir lime zest (different from normal limes) pineapple guava nectarine grape must dashed dreams unbridled optimism and the cynical notions of a whisper from Anthony bourdain.

You don’t want to miss this! 1x 4pp, $420.69 we promise it’s very nice!”

Every fuckin NEIPA pastry beer instagram with a picture of the beer poured into a light bulb screwed into a desk lamp next to a quill and a picture of Ben franklin.

16. Anthony_

sounds great when can I start lining up

Oddpac87 and bigmike like this.
  17. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Wanna go to TH today but there’s that huge can release. How crazy is it there if you don’t wanna wait in the line and just wanna eat/drink on release day?

18. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

I considered going today too but the line can get long because of Julius. It's worth the wait though

19. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Oops I meant Tired Hands!

Matt likes this.
  20. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Oh lol sorry for assuming

21. momo32t

Trusted

Yea I was thinking myself what you meant, open to interpretation.

I can’t speak from too much experience, but I generally think you can grab a spot at the Fermentaria without dealing with all the can craze.

(Also: order the fish tacos - you won’t regret it)

22. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Yeah those fish tacos fuck

momo32t and Anthony_ like this.
  23. Anthony_

They usually do the can release out of the brewery area around the corner from the Fermentaria, it doesn't affect the restaurant at all unless people who show up for cans also decide to sit and drink/eat. And even then, it would probably only be craziest right around when they open at noon.

Also yeah the fish tacos, and all of the other food they serve there really, are incredible. I also really love their buffalo wings.

Ken and OhTheWater like this.
  24. momo32t

Trusted

It’s funny when I was there in the spring my fiancé ordered the fish tacos and I ordered the wings.

After she gave me a taco I regretted my decision. Not that the wings are bad, just that the fish tacos were on another level.

Ken and Anthony_ like this.
  25. Anthony_

Yeah the move is definitely to simply get both. As in, two orders of both, one of each for each of you lol

momo32t and Ken like this.