Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Beer Thread • Page 266

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 16, 2016.

1. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

8E5194A2-813D-46BE-8114-A1E925C6645F.png

Man, so my friends buddy who brews at bells made five beers for this party on Saturday and they were all killer. He did not make the final one on the list (made an 8% NEIPA with THC in it that he gave as a gift to everyone that came).

Y’all, that Ecto Cooler wheat beer was amazing. If that was released commercially that would crush!

2. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

3 Floyds needs to keep their distribution coming to Philly. I think im buying up all the Gumballhead in the area

bigmike and Joe4th like this.
  3. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

soooo didn't know this thread existed tbh

Grimm is hands down my favorite brewery right now. stopped by for their 1 year anniversary of the taproom and picked up the special edition teku glass they had on sale. patiently waiting for Evil Twin to finish their taproom.

Anthony_ and bigmike like this.
  4. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

My new company has 4 kegs that are free 5-7 and it’s all local Chicago breweries. This is gonna be interesting

Cameron likes this.
  5. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Heading to Brooklyn Saturday for this release for sureeeeeeeeeeeee

6. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

9C1B4C09-CB54-49D3-806A-00DCC973669E.jpeg

Another great beer from The Alchemist

bigmike, Anthony_ and SlappinCups like this.
  7. Anthony_

waking season likes this.
  8. sean_rugy

Canopy Door from Grimm is delicious. first growler I've picked up from them, excited to have it now for more.

momo32t and Anthony_ like this.
  9. momo32t

Trusted

Picked up a 4-pack of their "painkiller" cocktail inspired berliner last weekend. Way too adjunct heavy from them. But that Bissell collab looks great.

Anthony_ likes this.
  10. momo32t

Trusted

Grimm's "Door" series - Butterfly, Canopy, Suicide, Lambo is pretty damn good. I would probably say its in their top 3 IPAs with Splish and Tesseract. Went to 0 Anniversary when they opened. I will still get Grimm's stuff, but don't get over to the taproom as much as I would like. I live on the Other Half side of Brooklyn, and Grimm is a pain in the ass to get to by subway.

sean_rugy likes this.
  11. sean_rugy

I really love the Magnetic IPAs too, recently had Magnetic Compass and it was amazing. I have yet to have Splish. I'd like to get to Other Half more than I do so I feel you on that. I was extremely happy when Threes opened up their outpost in Greenpoint so I don't have to trek to far. Just moved out to Bushwick and down the street from KCBC, things could be worse.

momo32t likes this.
  12. momo32t

Trusted

I have the benefit of being a 5 min walk from Threes - Gowanus. I get most of the Grimm stuff (sans bottles) from their shop.

sean_rugy likes this.
  13. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Have you tried Zombie Dust yet? Very good as well.

14. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I haven't managed to get it yet

15. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

Going out to Indiana this weekend. Gonna go to Upland, which I'm super stoked about, but now I'll have to keep an eye out for 3 Floyds stuff.

16. Anthony_

Any of the NYC-area crew going to be at Other Half tomorrow morning for the can drop?

17. momo32t

Trusted

Maybe. Was gonna go to Suarez and my fiancé now doesn’t wanna go.

Anthony_ likes this.
  18. momo32t

Trusted

@Anthony_ would you consider meeting up if you go?

19. Anthony_

Suarez is also a solid move tomorrow, they're putting out some crazy good-sounding stuff today.

20. Anthony_

Yeah for sure! I'm probably just going for the can drop but having a line buddy is always a good thing.

21. Anthony_

Hudson Valley also has four crazy awesome releases tomorrow. There's too much great beer and not enough money or time.

22. momo32t

Trusted

Yea, that’s why I really wanted to go up to Suarez tomorrow. Crispy Little is fantastic and it’s nice to see them finally can a non-Pilsner. That and I’ve always wanted to get a bottle of their fruit beers.

For HVB, this batch of silhouettes did not sound as good as previous ones. And to make matters worse, Folksbier (5 min from Other Half) is canning their raspberry sour again.

Anthony_ likes this.
  23. Anthony_

Re: Hudson Valley, I really like the way that Coffee Cream Silhouette sounds, and also that farmhouse sour bottle sounds sick too.

I had a 2016 vintage of Suarez's Summer Whoa peach beer at the brewery and it was one of the best beers I've ever had in my life. I also brought home a bottle of the Leifer, the rhubarb one, that I haven't opened yet. They're doing insanely good work up there at Suarez.

I haven't been to Folksbier yet! I should try and get over there at some point.

24. momo32t

Trusted

I have gotten my fair share of bottles when I have gone up: Call to Mind, Domain 2, Backroads.

In all honesty, if you go to Other Half tomorrow, its worth the 5-10 min walk to Folksbier. You won't be disappointed.

Anthony_ likes this.
  25. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

I'm moving to Denver next month and will be living about a 30-second walk from Comrade Brewing. Does anyone have suggestions for other places in the area I need to hit? Went to Cerebral and Ratio when I was there in April and loved both.