Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Beer Thread • Page 262

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Notch is awesome, a great spot to hit up when in Salem.

And obviously Bissell Brothers is one of the best breweries I’ve ever been to. Ill have to check those videos out.

2. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

A few years ago NH updated their laws and added a nano-brewery license that you can get for $1,000 a year. I’m pretty sure you can only serve samples on tap or bottles/growlers to go unless you offer 3 types of hot food. I’ve heard of some places buying like a countertop hot dog machine and microwave sandwiches or something to get around that law haha. You can also self distribute with a nano

bigmike likes this.
  3. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

You can self distro in Michigan up to 1000 bbls of production, I believe with any license.

4. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I was gonna say most Cali breweries have food trucks haha

irthesteve likes this.
  5. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

If you need someone for QC/QA I can make myself free.

Oddpac87 and bigmike like this.
  6. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

In SD the ones that I can think of as having a brewery and kitchen are Ballast Point and Stone. There’s tasting rooms in parts of the county that share a space with a start up restaurant.

Cameron and irthesteve like this.
  7. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I was in SD last weekend for the Paul McCartney show, stopped at Stone Escondido on the way home, love that place

8. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

That pic is making me feel things

SlappinCups and bigmike like this.
  9. SlappinCups

Hurley apologist Prestigious

any sour recommendations out there?

10. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

depends on where you're located and what kind of sour you like (fruity,funky etc). Dogfish's Seaquench Ale is pretty good, Sixpoint's Jammer is a refreshing gose, I've heard of Vitory's Sour Monkey being good but haven't had it. If you get Allagash by you most of what they put out is great. New Belgium has a pretty big sour program too with lot's of funky stuff

Oddpac87, momo32t and SlappinCups like this.
  11. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Keeping ease of availability in mind, La Folie from New Belgium is probably my favorite/the best sour in the country. In my opinion, of course.

12. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Hill Farmstead Nordic Saison

13. Anthony_

Every sour I’ve had from Other Half has been amazing.

14. Anthony_

Where are you located?

SlappinCups likes this.
  15. SlappinCups

Michigan. I love Founder's Green Zebra. I can usually find stuff from other markets though

bigmike likes this.
  16. Anthony_

talk to @Joe4th

SlappinCups likes this.
  17. SlappinCups

Joe4th and Anthony_ like this.
  18. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

based on @bigmike and their instagram page speciation artisan ales is a must

Oddpac87, Joe4th and SlappinCups like this.
  19. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Speciation is definitely a solid choice for sours

Grimm makes some good ones, Almanac has some fantastic ones but they’re a bit pricier

SlappinCups likes this.
  20. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Perrin has some sours that get good distro (roselare I think is the name of one). Speciation is a little pricey and large format bottles (750 mL’s typically but they do have cans of Berliner Weiss). Sierra Nevada Otra Vez is good and around. La Folie from new Belgium is a sour brown and is my go-to recommendation because it’s so damn good and available almost everywhere.

Edit: I see bottles of oddside’s tart Blanche around town and whatnot, they do some solid fruitsicle sours which aren’t really sour at all but are solid.

Edit 2: barrel and beam out of Marquette do farmhouse beers but not sure if they do any sour beers.

Joe4th and SlappinCups like this.
  21. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Got my Tired Hands delivery today! Technicolor Splendor and Strawberry Milkshake, neither of which I’ve had

Oddpac87 and Joe4th like this.
  22. williek311

What was the shipping like on that? I take it you got two four packs

23. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Dude I paid too much money lol. You had to get a multiple of 4 four packs. 22 shipping I think

24. williek311

Shouldve just driven there lol. But yeah shipping beer is expensive.

25. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Worth the money, these rule

Anthony_ likes this.