Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Beer Thread • Page 258

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 16, 2016.

1. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Thats from the yeast producing isoamyl acetate.

2. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

Damn, how did I not know about this. I've been wanting to pour my homebrew at a festival for years and never knew of any around me. Plus, Springfield is where I went to college so love going back to that city. Gonna have to remember this for next year

3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

In Croatia right now and unfortunately they don't have very good beer

bigmike likes this.
  4. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Trendler is amazing.

@sophos34 have you been over to Tired Hands yet?

waking season likes this.
  5. Anthony_

Also I know it's cliché but Suarez Family's Palatine Pils really is the best pilsner I've ever had in my life

Oddpac87 and momo32t like this.
  6. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

waking season likes this.
  7. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

SlappinCups likes this.
  8. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Suarez and hill farm are the two breweries in America I want to try the most. Need to make a trip out east at some point.

Oddpac87, momo32t and Anthony_ like this.
  9. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I do and I desperately want to get it haha

10. Anthony_ Jun 13, 2019
    (Last edited: Jun 13, 2019)
    Anthony_

If there's ever been something that you've experienced that not only lives up to its massive hype but then exceeds it, that's Hill Farmstead.

Suarez is also absolutely fantastic. I had a 2016 vintage peach farmhouse ale that was so damn good there. I ordered the advertised 2017 version and the guy serving the drinks told me they had a couple 2016 bottles left and asked if I wanted to try that instead. So of course I said yes. The bottle had a noticeable layer of cellar dust on it haha.

11. momo32t

Trusted

So, I will just say, having been in NYC the past decade, that Suarez Family Brewery is my favorite brewery I've been to. Even for styles I don't care for, they make damn near perfect beer. Fun fact: the guy who runs Suarez used to work at Hill Farmstead.

I go up to Suarez a few times a year and am currently cellaring a few of their past offerings. Just wonderful beer.

bigmike and Anthony_ like this.
  12. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

not yet I will soon though

Anthony_ likes this.
  13. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

so typically not into dark beers but I tried the evil genius purple monkey dishwasher at work today and it was fucking delicious

Joe4th and waking season like this.
  14. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Try Founders Breakfast Stout

15. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

bigmike likes this.
  16. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I need to try Evil Genius some time, I’m fairly certain the founders went to my university

17. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

chocolate stouts are a good gateway. once you get into the sweeter dark ones you can expand to brown porters and shit without super sweet flavors that are just as good. my favorite kinds of beers now.

Joe4th likes this.
  18. Anthony_

Another place I love called Separatist Beer Project just opened up a spot in Philly, check them out if you haven't already.

OhTheWater and Oddpac87 like this.
  19. Anthony_

Other Half's stout game is getting crazy. They put out a pineapple upside down cake stout last weekend lol

Oddpac87 likes this.
  20. momo32t

Trusted

Their stouts used to be pretty poor in the beginning. But after collaborating with breweries that have a strong stout game (J Wakefield), they vastly improved.

I haven’t tried the Pineapple upside down cake yet, but hearing from friends that a taster is more than enough.

21. Anthony_

I haven't had it yet either, the last stout I had from them was their Spumoni Dream and it was great. Their stouts are typically very sweet and thick though so I can see them not being for everyone.

22. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

The Allagash/DuPont collab that came out a month or so ago is so good. It might be one of my favorites right now

bigmike likes this.
  23. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Yep. Really enjoyed it.

BlueEyesBrewing likes this.
  24. You're a north jersey guy, right? My wife and kid are going out of town this weekend and thought maybe I'd go north a bit to hit some breweries. Recommendations?

bigmike likes this.
  25. Anthony_

Magnify - Fairfield
    The Referend - Pennington
    Twin Elephant - Chatham
    Brix City - Little Ferry
    Conclave - Flemington (only open 1pm - 5pm Saturday)
    Fort Nonsense - Denville