Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Beer Thread • Page 252

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 16, 2016.

1. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

I forget how spoiled I am that they are so easy to get around here. They are by far my favorite brewery that’s “easy” to get and probably in top five overall. I also wished I worked there because after 5 years they send you to Belgium.

waking season and bigmike like this.
  2. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah new Belgium did a similar program but I heard they stopped that in the last couple of years.

BlueEyesBrewing likes this.
  3. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

I honestly had no idea they weren’t national. Allagash White is so ubiquitous out here that most bars that don’t even have a craft selection have it.

Anthony_ and bigmike like this.
  4. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Their brewery is pretty great too. Portland is such a good beer city

waking season and SEANoftheDEAD like this.
  5. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Going nuts at Torst rn

bigmike, reid, irthesteve and 2 others like this.
  6. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah closest they come in Chicago (maybe Ohio or Indiana). No Michigan distro.

7. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

every day I see a new Philly Beer Week event that is just absurd. Memphis Taproom is doing an Equilibrium can release and tap takeover on June 8th.

8. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

23F1602B-80EA-4742-89B9-480024BA8CB0.jpeg

:drool::drool::drool:

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  9. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Decided to start an untapped account. About 7 years after I should have (really started caring about beers around that time).

Username is same as here bobby_runs

bigmike likes this.
  10. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I'll friend ya!

bobby_runs likes this.
  11. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

Friended!

bobby_runs likes this.
  12. bobby_runs

Other than tracking what I drink what are some other cool things that the app does?

I decided to get it because I was listening to the new Modern Times podcast and it talked how they take more credence in Untappd as oppose to big beer competitions.

13. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Personally I just use it simply to give beer a rating, then in the future I can refer back to if I liked something or not

14. PepsiOne

Formerly PepsiOne Supporter

Yeah I use mine to remember what I like and also to get Total Wine discounts every 30 beers or whatever

irthesteve likes this.
  15. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Any bar or brewery taproom can pay a fee to have a beer menu on untappd. You can then subscribe to that untappd page and it'll send you notifications when a new beer has been tapped.

16. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Some stores will also post updates on what they get in stock on it so you can find beers you want to try, whether it be from a store or brewery

irthesteve and bigmike like this.
  17. bobby_runs

Thanks.

18. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

also friended!

19. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

@momo32t where all did you end up going and what did you try/like?

20. Anthony_

Gotta stop in for a some of this on Saturday

21. momo32t

Trusted

Hey thanks for the follow-up! Just got back this morning. Between the hiking, Rockies game and other activities I did not get to try as much as I would have liked but went to the following:

- The Black Project: As good as I had suspected. Got a private tour in the back, they are really trying to pay homage to the traditional lambic and gueze styles in a respectful way. Heads up: they have a collaboration with Jester King in the works.

- SandLot: Tried their lager at the Rockies game. A lot better than Coors.

- Phantom Canyon: Went here after hiking Garden of the Gods. Beer was decent but the food was great.

- Goat Patch: Not an awful hazy IPA. Had this when staying at a fancy resort near Garden of the Gods.

- Ratio: Glad I got to make it here before my flight. My favorite was probably the New Wave strawberry berliner.

BlueEyesBrewing and dylan like this.
  22. momo32t

Trusted

Also, for those interested, my Untappd account is the same as my username here. Happy to give a follow back.

23. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

They have 22 taps and 16 are IPA’s??? Lol Jesus Christ.

Anthony_ likes this.
  24. Anthony_

Give the people what they want Mike

25. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

“Sorry sir, but do you do flights of beer?”

“Yes we do. Five per flight. Which of our three ipa flights would you like?”

“Oh can I have an amber ale? Cream ale? Hefe? Wit? Blonde? Porter? Nah? Okay I’ll take an IPA flight”

Anthony_, irthesteve and dylan like this.