Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Beer Thread • Page 248

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 16, 2016.

1. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Also I was drinking a local NEIPA out of a beaker at a local brewery when I read this thread so y’all should get on my level

chewbacca110, dadbolt, Ken and 5 others like this.
  2. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Sometimes I wonder what the calories are on some of those pastry stouts or lactose ipas. I almost don’t want to know. I remember the first time I saw the nutritional facts on a Starbucks drink. Forever changed.

bigmike likes this.
  3. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

Brb, burning my Milk the Funk shirts.

F87762D4-CFF4-485A-94C9-E964C88995B9.png

BlueEyesBrewing likes this.
  4. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

what on earth

5. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I, without exaggeration, gained about 50 pounds since I started drinking craft beers.

6. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

The worst is working in the industry. I have beer with lunch probably 3-5 times a week for work. Have an event that week? Tack on at least two beers on top of that. I drink way more beer now then when I was into craft beer just as a fan. Health while working in beer is, like, one of the hardest things to balance.

Cameron and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  7. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

I love craft beers, but that's one of the main reasons I mostly just drink Miller Lites, haha. No weight gain, no hangover. I still have crafts, but more so as a treat.

bigmike likes this.
  8. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I can't explain it, but I drink at least 2-3 craft beers a night - at least 5 nights a week - and I'm in the best shape of my life.

Granted, I still find time for the gym at least three times a week and I don't really eat much anymore - and when I do, I try to eat mostly healthy.

I probably gained more weight when I stuck to drinking domestics - simply because I'd be able to drink 6-8 (at least) in one sitting (then I would get hungry from drinking so much and eat shit food at midnight and then go to bed).

Delysid and bigmike like this.
  9. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I have no more than one in a single day unless I'm going out with friends on the weekend or to a brewery or something. On a normal night at home, I limit myself to one can if I have any at all. And since last August I go to the gym five days a week and have been eating healthier. It's a tough hobby to balance with health.

10. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Baby’s first milkshake

C6E9936D-1650-4E28-B7B9-758E33024BB5.jpeg

It’s really good

Anthony_ and bigmike like this.
  11. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Found a six pack of something called CanDo Brew for 5 bucks at Luckys Market

12. PepsiOne

Formerly PepsiOne Supporter

Applying for an apartment a block away from modern times and mikkeller taprooms, it’s gonna be terrible for me

waking season, bigmike and Oddpac87 like this.
  13. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

B5288795-A2D2-4966-971F-D6533B1AD453.jpeg

Outstanding as usual. They’ve really nailed their German style beers.

14. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Why don’t you post the proper hype beers, @Oddpac87. Now this one I can get behind.

15. Anthony_

Peach Milkshake was yesterday tho

waking season, bigmike and Oddpac87 like this.
  16. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

I have made my love for their lager game abundantly clear, thank you very much.

waking season, bigmike and Anthony_ like this.
  17. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

Man, I really don’t get down to Icarus enough considering how close they are. They’re putting out so much good stuff.

bigmike and Anthony_ like this.
  18. Anthony_

They’re the best. That pineapple habanero pale ale sounds so good.

Oddpac87 likes this.
  19. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

That guy they posted about is in my homebrew club and uses peppers in beers all the time and they’re always killer.

Anthony_ likes this.
  20. Anthony_

That’s awesome! I need to start homebrewing

Oddpac87 likes this.
  21. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Only pepper beer I’ve liked is from a brewery in the upper peninsula called Cognition who my work did a collaboration with last summer. They had a chocolate pepper porter or stout and they steeped the peppers in the chocolate they were using for the beer and added it in from that. Worked magnificently. Most pepper beers are not for me.

Joe4th, Oddpac87 and Anthony_ like this.
  22. Anthony_ May 16, 2019
    (Last edited: May 16, 2019)
    Anthony_

Had a really good chocolate chili stout from Burlington Beer Co. when I was in Vermont called Ancient Power. Also this local brewery called Twin Elephant currently has an amazing chocolate pepper porter named Old Raritan. And Kane’s Mexican Brunch is phenomenal.

Oddpac87, bigmike and waking season like this.
  23. Anthony_

Now drinking:

7185485E-9F06-4F0F-A6B9-D6343D317077.jpeg

bigmike and Oddpac87 like this.
  24. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, I think peppers can work in chocolate-esque beers when done subtly but the very few pale/IPA ones I’ve had I was not a fan of. Night Shift has a bourbon stout with poblano and cinnamon and nutmeg that is really good.

bigmike likes this.
  25. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Oddpac87 and Anthony_ like this.