Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Beer Thread • Page 247

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

Other Half and Omnipollo going hard on the fuck @bigmike bandwagon.

AE29AC7C-7B6C-4C08-A476-135D4DF9FD1D.png

It’s great, btw.

irthesteve and BlueEyesBrewing like this.
  2. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

Do those cereals even do anything for the beer, other than what you could get by just using the type of grains and “spices” used in them?

bigmike likes this.
  3. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

They do a great job of adding cost to the consumer for basically no reason whatsoever.

4. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

I don’t know why @Oddpac87 likes to try to hurt my feelings so much

5. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I'd try it haha

bigmike likes this.
  6. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I'm actually heading over to Other Half tomorrow morning. They're putting out some cool stuff.

reid and bigmike like this.
  7. Oddpac87 May 3, 2019
    (Last edited: May 3, 2019)
    Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

Just additional fermentables at some point right? Not really doing anything that additional base malt or some random adjunct wouldn’t do, I’ve just always liked dumb stuff like this from a “beer should be fun” point of view.

bigmike, BlueEyesBrewing and Anthony_ like this.
  8. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

It’s like that thing where grade school kids pick on someone because they actually really like them.

bigmike likes this.
  9. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

It is a genius move to tap into this generations love of 90’s nostalgia right now.

Side note, I’m hoping to stop by Treehouse this afternoon and I think I told someone in here that I would try and pick them up a couple things next time I went. I forget who it was but if you see this and want something let me know and if I go I’ll get something for you.

bigmike likes this.
  10. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

I was volunteering at the veil the other week and they gave me a couple pours of some of their huge stouts, not even ones overly adjuncty but I still felt like death afterwards. Cannot consume more than 5 oz

bigmike likes this.
  11. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

12. reid

@joemochas

Had a Modern Times spotlight in Orlando yesterday. Went and tried a couple of the sours (New Atlantis w/ black currant) and Nova Colony. Super different from each other, but super delicious. The funky rye grisette they had (Transit Of Venus) was kind of meh, but I'm also not a big fan of the style in general. Dreamspeaker and Telestro were both super solid NE IPAs, too. Makes me wish they actually distributed to Florida.

13. Anthony_

Other Half x Equilibrium collab realeasing this weekend

reid likes this.
  14. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

bigmike likes this.
  15. irthesteve

whoa

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  16. Anthony_

Lol what

17. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

Even combined they're still within the BA's definition of 6 mil BBLs or less per year. The BA moves that goalpost all the time though to keep Boston in, so I'm sure they'd do it again if needed.

bigmike and Anthony_ like this.
  18. Anthony_

Yeah it’s so frustrating. I was actually having this conversation last night with one of my brothers and his friend. They asked me if Icarus is a microbrewery or a craft brewery or what and I just laughed and said those words are essentially meaningless at this point I just call it a brewery lol.

19. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, I think that's why the BA is pushing "independent" so much more than "craft" the last few years. Much easier place to draw a line.

waking season likes this.
  20. Anthony_

Yeah and also like I think of something like Boston Beer Co. or whatever more as a corporation first and foremost so that distinction does work better

21. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

bigmike and Anthony_ like this.
  22. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

^ I don’t know when doing this will get old to me, but I can only assume never.

I hope Mike and I actually do open a brewery together someday and I still do this to him except it’s with our beers that I go behind his back to make.

BlueEyesBrewing, bigmike and Anthony_ like this.
  23. irthesteve

hahaha what is that even? That's hilarious.

Oddpac87 and Anthony_ like this.
  24. Anthony_

I’m convinced Omnipollo was founded solely as a middle finger to mike lol

25. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Hey, omnipollo’s Abrahadabra was my first NEIPA or milkshake IPA and I loved it (4.5 on my untappd, btw). It’s less the beer that I hate and more the culture around it. I’ve been around too many haze bro’s that drive me insane.

Also, Mark sucks. But I’d own a brewery with him!

Anthony_ and Oddpac87 like this.