Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Beer Thread • Page 237

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 16, 2016.

1. momo32t

Trusted

Ended up with both J Wakefield x Other Half collab beers today.

Snowbirds 3 is a bomb at 16%

Poolside is a Berliner with guava, coconut and lychee

reid and waking season like this.
  2. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Oh wow Hubbards Cave V7 rules too. Great haul this weekend. I got the Cookie O’Puss beer as well, don’t expect anything more than hype. We’ll see

swboyd and momo32t like this.
  3. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

I think SaisonHands is my favorite beer in the world. I fear for my bank account if they ever start canning that beer.

momo32t and waking season like this.
  4. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Picked up Lost IPA based on can alone. Didn’t realize it was Burley Oak of JREAM fame. This rules too

5. reid

@joemochas

had the Willett BA Snowbirds over the weekend, and I've had the original. It's def worth seeking out whenever they collaborate together.

6. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

i will forever miss living across the street from hubbard's cave. ;_;

7. momo32t

Trusted

I really think J Wakefield helped OH develop their stout and sour game over the years. Initially, OH's stouts were pretty bad.

I've had Florida Plates 1 and 2 (missed out on the one they dropped pre-5th anniversary) and I've had bottles of every Snowbirds but the Willett aged one.

But I agree, any collab these two make is worth coming out for. I generally try to avoid the OH crowds otherwise.

reid likes this.
  8. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I apologize in advance, but has anyone tried a Naturday yet? I'm very interested

Joe4th and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  9. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

I haven't, but my friend said it was just as bad as you'd expect. So I won't be trying any :crylaugh:

10. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

Picked up another pack of Funk Weapon #2 yeast and a pack of Mad Fermentationists Saison yeast today. Excited to brew with those soon.

Oddpac87 likes this.
  11. Cameron Mar 11, 2019
    (Last edited: Mar 11, 2019)
    Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I have a very low income sales route, and Natural ice/Natural Light/Hurricane sell very well for me. Although craft also surprisingly does very well on my route. So I’m also very curious to see how Naturdays do when we launch. It sounds gross, but it could be a refreshing summer beer to bring to the lake/bbqs

bigmike likes this.
  12. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

13. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

What strikes me about this is that there were two complaints of people using the n-word and in neither cases were the people fired. They didn't do so because the person making the complaint "didn't want it" to happen ... uhhh, is there not a zero tolerance policy in place for racism? Nahhh, not into that.

14. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

They're bringing back a lot of favorites in the next couple of weeks I think, very excited for this one to be back.

15. PepsiOne Mar 12, 2019
    (Last edited: Mar 12, 2019)
    PepsiOne

Formerly PepsiOne Supporter

Going down to SD in a couple weeks, hoping to get a flight at each of these breweries. I’ve had beers from half of them, but if any of the spaces aren’t worth the trip/if I’m missing anything y’all let me know:

Pure Project
    Alpine
    Mikkeller
    Modern Times
    Societe
    Half Door
    AleSmith
    Council
    Abnormal
    Green Flash
    Burgeon

16. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Belching Beaver maybe worth a trip too. I think they’re in SD

17. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

OhTheWater, waking season and Ken like this.
  18. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

For all the fun, weird shit they do, coming to Tired Hands always just results in me wanting to do nothing except brew and drink table beers forever.

19. Dog with a Blog

About to head over to Beachwoood Brewing @irthesteve

Should be tasty. Haven’t been there in awhile

Oddpac87 and irthesteve like this.
  20. Dog with a Blog

Fill my cup, lord

6B6EC2C0-DDFC-4590-A6B1-CF854B4B4A7A.jpeg

21. SlappinCups

Hurley apologist Prestigious

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  22. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Whenever I make it to that area I end up at Blendery instead of the main brewing, but I really should go to the main one more often

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  23. Dog with a Blog

It’s called 28 Haze Later. So tasty. Got a saison after that

SlappinCups likes this.
  24. PepsiOne

Formerly PepsiOne Supporter

Drinking one of those right now, definitely enjoyable

SlappinCups and Dog with a Blog like this.
  25. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Going to Indy this weekend. We have Sun King, Metazoa, Chilly Water, and Fountain Square lined up. Anywhere else we should go?

swboyd likes this.