Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Beer Thread • Page 234

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Have you been to both before?

2. momo32t

Trusted

Been to neither. Based in NYC, I've had my fair share of TH stuff via trades and what not. But many people, including this community, have told me to visit the actual brewery.

Conflicted because I hear Monk's has an incredible bottle list. Including many different bottles of Cantillon.

Ken likes this.
  3. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Both are really great options, but if it were me, I'd go to Monk's. Their selection of beer is incredible and the food is better than at Tired Hands. Their burgers, fries, and mussels are good enough to go even if you don't drink beer. I'm planning on going there Friday.

4. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

go to Monk's. they might have Tired Hands on when you're there anyway (although they don't have any on right now). I wouldn't get your hopes regarding the Cantillon bottles (unless they still have their collab with Cantillon). it's pretty well-known that Monk's will be "sold out" of Cantillon pretty frequently. they could actually be sold out, but it seems like they'll pull out bottles for people they recognize, people who are spending a lot of money, or you might just get lucky. I've asked maybe four or five times, and I've only gotten a bottle once. and that was the standard gueuze (still delicious though).

despite the cantillon stuff, Monk's is a better option than Tired Hands. for all the reasons that @Ken mentioned.

jersey people, has anyone heard of Mindful Ales? and have any idea how to get their beer?

Ken and momo32t like this.
  5. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

All for more NJ breweries, so hope it turns into more. But looking at their social media, it is most definitely just a home brewer currently.

6. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Right I get the flavor profiled but any of these experimental IPA’s I’ve had with unusual adjuncts taste muddled to me. The hops are too contrasting with the adjuncts for me.
    Agreed. I feel like I come across as a real grumpy dude and that’s not the impression I want to give off. I enjoy seeing out of the box thinking.

Joe4th and Oddpac87 like this.
  7. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Mindful, I believe but I could be wrong, does do some festival and trappings at bars occasionally. But yeah, kind of a large homebrewer.

Oddpac87 likes this.
  8. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

yeah, it seems like it. but people are checking on untappd (although very rarely) so I wasn't sure. the pictures they've been posting and the descriptions of the beers sound fantastic. hopefully they expand a little more.

bigmike and Oddpac87 like this.
  9. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

double post, whoops. but yeah, I saw they poured at a festival in NYC. hopefully they expand!

thanks y'all!

bigmike likes this.
  10. Anthony_ Mar 4, 2019
    (Last edited: Mar 4, 2019)
    Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

New York City’s Most Coveted Beers Are Made in a Jersey Garage | PUNCH

Am I about to become a literal actual stalker for real

Oddpac87 likes this.
  11. Anthony_

Finally got over to Separatist Beer Project in Easton, PA yesterday. Did not disappoint.

Oddpac87 likes this.
  12. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

When the two breweries we eventually own get together for a collab, I'm making you do a milkshake IPA with no less than 7 adjuncts.
    Yeah, the branding is great. I'll have to keep an eye out.
    Neat. I need to become brew buddies with this guy.

13. Anthony_

Forget milkshake IPAs, it's all about FroYo IPAs from now on bb

SlappinCups and Oddpac87 like this.
  14. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

Anyone want to help me design a beer label for a gift?

15. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Only if we call the milkshake ipa a cream ale

16. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

I"m gonna make a green smoothie IPA for the health conscious folks out there

bigmike, Ken and waking season like this.
  17. Anthony_

68A320FF-DF04-45EF-A208-EB392307905C.jpeg

18. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

In.

bigmike likes this.
  19. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

20. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

I had an idea to create a beer label that was a word search essential with different words that would include style, ingredients and flavors. Then either I could find the words myself or leave it blank and allow the consumer to circle the words they felt described the beer. That part was still undecided but thought it could've been a cool idea.

21. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

15517407473958786700354015606449.jpg
    Our new fridge has a dedicated beer spot

Ken, Joe4th, bigmike and 1 other person like this.
  22. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I’ve been asking my wife for a nice beer fridge forever....time to take matters into my own hands!

23. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

C670DDA1-2945-4AEA-832E-7D36D50574CC.jpeg

My wife got me this beer fridge for my birthday last August which I keep in my basement that I just finished last year. It holds anywhere between 60-90 beers (depending on cans vs bottles). I typically have the top row filled to the brim as well but I’m a little light this week.

Anyway, total game changer. Bonus points too for a glass door.

MexicanGuitars, Ken, Joe4th and 6 others like this.
  24. momo32t

Trusted

Nice flex!

Ken, bigmike and ncarrab like this.
  25. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

The lack of organization of this nice beer collection is making my OCD go bananas. I will smother it with my jealousy.

ncarrab likes this.