Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Beer Thread • Page 233

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 16, 2016.

1. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Report back!

2. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

It’s becoming harder and harder to find a satisfying ipa. Might just be burnt out.

Brent and bigmike like this.
  3. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I’m telling you guys the 10 Barrel Pearl DIPA is amazing

4. Smittzerland

First time long time (FKA musicfan9795) Prestigious

Cracked a Hazy Little Thing IPA. Life is good.

OhTheWater likes this.
  5. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

At Garrison City right now. Having an imperial stout on nitro with orange, vanilla, and chocolate. Had a peanut butter stout and a white stout with coffee, chocolate, and vanilla earlier. Life is good.

6. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Ballast Point makes a p nut butter stout I’ve been meaning to check out.

waking season likes this.
  7. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Smuttynose makes a pretty good one too

Anthony Brooks and musicfan9795 like this.
  8. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Odd13Jetman Jimmy rn

SlappinCups likes this.
  9. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I don’t think I’ll ever make a TH rare release. Good thing Alien Church is always available

momo32t and waking season like this.
  10. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

Outside of something new that gets really hyped for whatever reason, so don't have to go to "releases" anymore. You can go night of or next day and get everything usually.

11. waking season Mar 2, 2019
    (Last edited: Mar 2, 2019)
    waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I’m somehow just finding out that the Tired Hands/Omnipollo series is likely in response to a pretentious Beer Advocate review. Love me some Tired Hands.

OhTheWater and Oddpac87 like this.
  12. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

Yup, not likely, 100% is. When NEIPA was still kinda sorta new, one of the dickhead Alstrom brothers reviewed HopHands and bashed both the brewery and the staff because they should "know better than to serve milkshake beers".

waking season and OhTheWater like this.
  13. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I know I need to

14. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

My lady and I are brand ambassadors for the Illinois Brewery Running Series. We had our kick off event tonight and we got to take some cases of Revolution Anti-Hero and Fist City, Emiprical cream ale, Spiteful lager, and Marz black lager.

Attached Files:

15. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

This is so awesome, I missed it when they brewed a batch for the taproom only a few weeks ago. Really excited to try this one.

16. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

There’s so much going on in that beer ingredient wise.

SlappinCups and Anthony_ like this.
  17. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Oddpac87 and BlueEyesBrewing like this.
  18. williek311

bigmike likes this.
  19. williek311

Boy let me tell ya

Anthony_ likes this.
  20. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah. I would love to go there. I almost applied for their taproom manager position before they opened because I was like “fuck it, I’d love to work with them and I’d relocate” but they said they wanted someone local. He opened it with Scott Janis who’s homebrew blog is an incredible wealth of knowledge and is written very academically. He’s actually writing a book about hops that I’m really interested in reading.

Blog - Scott Janish

21. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Lol what I appreciate these types of releases these days is that I know I’m not the target demo. All of these things just scream “muddled as fuck good luck tasting anything at all” to me.

chewbacca110 likes this.
  22. williek311

Yeah I just mentioned to some buddies I got in the DC area to check it out and let me know how it is. I doubt I'll take a road trip but next time I'm in the area I'll try to swing by.

bigmike likes this.
  23. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Lemongrass, basil, and thai chilis is muddled? That's a pretty clear flavor profile they're going for.

bigmike likes this.
  24. momo32t

Trusted

When I go to Philly for this wedding I may have to choose between Tired Hands and going to Monk's Cafe...

25. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

To be fair, Omnipollo kind of invented the entire fad. So as far as I'm concerned, they can do whatever they want.

bigmike likes this.