Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Beer Thread • Page 228

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Dog with a Blog

It’s so good! A definite go to for me

2. broken22

(:

I need a good rec for what to pick up for the weekend. I'm not an IPA guy, thanks in advanced !

3. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  4. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Tired Hands was a bit underwhelming this weekend

5. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  6. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Just cracked open a Fonta flora hope beard that I bought from the brewery. No can date and it tastes old.

7. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Shoutout to the peeps that shared the Boston recs!

We went to Trillium, Hopsters, Harpoon, Night Shift, Down the Road. Each place had a lot of unique options. I gotta say, my favorite was The Newtonian IPA from Hopsters.

We stopped in Boston on our way to Iceland and we went to a handful of breweries there: RVK, Olvisholt, Olverk. Olvisholt was our clear favorite as they allowed us to sample beers they were working on (peach sour!) and gave us an impromptu tour of their facility. Their bartender told us that Icelanders haven't fully caught on to the craft beer craze, so it's usually the Americans that come over and keep their industry thriving.

bigmike, Matt and BlueEyesBrewing like this.
  8. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

What didn't you like about it? Curious, my friend is the assistant brewer there - always good to have some feedback.

9. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I just wasn’t a fan of the selection this time out. Personal preference, not quality. I did not like the Red Bean IPA, though. Respect them doing something different but it was too malty for me. Was hoping for some weirder selections. The Nebulous Dawn Plum pilsner was dope, though!

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  10. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Gotcha, makes sense. I haven't tried the Red Bean yet, but yeah the pilsner is great - almost too easy to put em down haha.

OhTheWater likes this.
  11. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Also didn’t help that I had a cold lol. My taste was all fucked up. I’m hype for the arcade room to open. I had a few too many and tried to wander back there to play The Simpsons a few months ago

12. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

haha yeah its gonna be awesome when the arcade opens. You go to any Philly breweries (assuming yes)?

13. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I’ve been slacking. The new Yards space is cool but their beer is underwhelming. Neshaminy Creek’s Croydon spot is fun. We crush the Jenkintown one’s quizzo but the food is garbage and the beer is underwhelming. I Like Love City. Haven’t been to Roy Pitz yet but I like the beer. Need to make it out to Troon

14. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Don't care for Yards beer? I don't care for all of them, but theres a few I really enjoy - I love their Tavern Porter. Haven't been to NC's spot yet, but do like their beer.
    I absolutely love Roy Pitz. Good beer/good food. Keep meaning to make it out to Love City - might hit it up this weekend. I see they've got a couple hazy IPAs...I've been all about the hazy's lately.

15. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Their darker beers are good and the Good Hope IPA is solid but their standard IPAs don’t do much for me, at least when I was at the brewery

16. dallasc

Trusted

Finally was able to try Pliny The Younger last night, lived up to the hype

Ken likes this.
  17. Joe4th

Picked up two cans of Revolution Brewing Straight Jacket today. Super excited for it after hearing so many good things

bigmike likes this.
  18. chewbacca110

My girl and I are going to review that on our podcast soon. Neither of us have had it!

Joe4th likes this.
  19. Joe4th

What’s your podcast? And I just cracked mine open, and damn is it good. Not too many people really do barleywines anymore it feels like. This one is killer.

bigmike likes this.
  20. chewbacca110

I’m excited to hear its good!

Our podcast is called Hops & Fears. We pair a craft beer with a horror movie and *spoiler alert* we plan on pairing Straight Jacket with In The Mouth Of Madness.

We are on SoundCloud right now Hops & Fears

bigmike and Joe4th like this.
  21. K0ta Feb 21, 2019
    (Last edited: Feb 22, 2019)
    K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

This cost way too much money, it better fuck me up for the price

15507933548348087094903956329376.jpg 15507933833703000630379683813327.jpg

EDIT: Fixed formatting, posted it last night on mobile and didn't realize it was effed up xD

OhTheWater, bigmike and Joe4th like this.
  22. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Odells Sippin Pretty is goooood

23. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Singlecut really put the 125 IBU on the can?! Presuming that is a NEIPA DIPA, right?

24. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

Post-popularity Singlecut has been slipping quite a bit in my experience, unfortunately. This being a prime example.

25. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

Listen man I just drink beer, idk what this means haha

SlappinCups likes this.