Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Beer Thread • Page 227

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

Quick, best brewery in Toledo?!

2. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Picked up two fours of the Spumoni Double Milkshake IPA. Really excited for this one.

3. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah Cigar City’s Maduro is delicious. I’m really happy they’re up in NH now, used to only get them when I visited the Tampa area.

chewbacca110, Joe4th and bigmike like this.
  4. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

431563BA-40F3-49FE-BDC9-A8720807BF61.jpeg

We are releasing our annual BBA stout at work and we bottled the base but have three draft variants of it. These are the days I remember why I like working in beer.

5. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

Went to a small brewery tonight with some friends, and we all have kids, and some guys came up to us as he was leaving and told us we should be ashamed of ourselves for bringing small kids to a brewery. I’m still trying to figure out what breweries he’s been to in the last 10 years or so that doesn’t have kids at it.

6. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

928F1FEB-5EB8-46CD-A10A-A598485474EE.jpeg

Haven’t had this in quite a while. Just as delicious as I remembered and it gets even better as it warms.

7. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

1550533404924447463953464337515.jpg

Trying this for the first time tonight, post-work beers are necessary today.

Joe4th, Oddpac87, irthesteve and 2 others like this.
  8. neeks

i dont really like talking about my flair

You should have left your kid in a cupboard at home while you went out and imbibed, you unsavoury baby owner.

BlueEyesBrewing likes this.
  9. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

Amen.

K0ta and Joe4th like this.
  10. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

Oddpac87 and bigmike like this.
  11. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Speaking of yeast was talking to some brewers about the new Norwegian yeast strain from Omega that ferments at like 102 degrees and finishes in like 3 days. Just crazy.

bigmike and BlueEyesBrewing like this.
  12. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, kveik. It also works best when severely underpitched compared to normal ale yeast so you barely need any for it to work. And you scoop off the krausen during fermentation and dry it out and just the pitch the dried chips in your next brew. It's crazy. It's been used in Norway forever and just passed down between families but it's starting to gain a lot of traction in the US now. Omega sells a few different strains that give off different profiles, and The Yeast Bay sells some too. I've been meaning to grab some and brew with it just haven't gotten around to it yet.

bigmike likes this.
  13. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

The kveik has gotten a lot of traction in Michigan. Used in a decent number of NEIPA’s here and other places that oak-ferment/age beers, too.

14. williek311

Yeah seems like a lot of people are using it around here for hazy IPAs. The way things are around here you gotta pump out a new IPA every week or be left in the dust.

Speaking of things around here the head brewer from The Answer left to start his own place and its going to be called Safety Team Brewing, which is the fucking lamest thing. Douche chills.

Anthony Brooks and bigmike like this.
  15. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Yep, same here. Day after day I see a new picture of a glass of orange juice and is “heavily Hopped” with 3-4 of the same 10 fucking hops and people lose their minds.

16. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

What's with The Answer and The Veil having some of the most asinine glasses for their beers on instagram?

17. williek311 Feb 19, 2019
    (Last edited: Feb 19, 2019)
    williek311

Had an experimental forest beer from Zebulon Brewing

"A “raw” no-boil white beer brewed with locally foraged spicebush branches, leaves and berries. Fermented with a mixed culture of lactobacillus, brettanomyces and four strains of ale yeast."

Oddpac87, bigmike and BlueEyesBrewing like this.
  18. williek311

No idea. I can't find the post but the veil posted a picture of a beer in a candle jar and I swear someone commented if they would be selling them for purchase. The Answer actually puts their awful art work on theirs and sell it though. I fucking hate beer man.LOL

bigmike likes this.
  19. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

Haha I was wondering if they actually sold those things or if they just find random jars to use for photos

bigmike likes this.
  20. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

I get irrationally angry everytime the veil posts a glass filled to the brim with beer and not a trace of head on it

BlueEyesBrewing and Oddpac87 like this.
  21. williek311

Brimjobs, only way to pour beer.

22. Dog with a Blog

No idea if this blood orange ale is any good. Just wanted to try something random tonight.

57B1F0F6-C9CD-4F54-8D95-CA42CC51A9ED.jpeg

23. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

That can is beautiful though. Blood Orange Wit sounds super tasty

24. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

La Fin Du Monde is my favorite beer

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  25. Dog with a Blog

I almost picked this up for the can alone haha

06E4A4ED-460F-4A0E-9E35-55968116FDD4.jpeg

Mr. Serotonin, Cameron and DickyCullz like this.