Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Beer Thread • Page 223

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 16, 2016.

1. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah absolutely. And most everyone in the industry that started on a smaller system say that they wish they'd started 7bbl or bigger.
    I know i've posted it in here before but I don't want to search. There's a detroit facebook beer group filled with just the most pretentious gatekeeping assholes but one guy posts and takes money up front to go buy a beer called No Rules by Perrin and he ends up buying around 2500-3000 worth of product. Meanwhile, all the people looking to get like 5 bottles are forced to wait behind this dude. It's fucking absurd. I hate beer consumers sometimes (most of the time).

BlueEyesBrewing likes this.
  2. cheese_pizza

I am not a very big fan of beer, but two months ago I've tried the best drink ever. And that was beer.
    That has happened in Brussels, the beer capital of Europe. I was on vacation there and visited Delirium, their famous pub. Cactus beer is fantastic! Tastes like sweet alcohol beer water.
    And for those who like strong beer, they have Delirium Tremens, classic.

irthesteve and bigmike like this.
  3. momo32t

Trusted

My friend who I trade with gives me a fair amount of their stuff. Generally have been a fan of their stuff.

4. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

Just tapped my IPA using funk weapon #2 and the flavors from this yeast are all over the place with fruit. I really wish I would have propped it up more or harvested it so I could use it again because I think I love it but not sure.

bigmike and Oddpac87 like this.
  5. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Almost Hopslam szn

6. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

Did you pre-sour the wort or co-pitch with something? Funk weapon is just bugs, no?

EDIT: Never mind, I was thinking of the Sour Weapon series, that's just lacto and pedio. 100% Brett then? What hops did you use?

7. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

Yeah 100% Brett. I definitely underpitched as I didn’t prepare enough and am not used to using Brett instead of ale yeast. It took like 5 days for it to get going and then took 5 weeks I think to ferment our. I used citra and galaxy, whirlpool and one dry hop only.

The pineapple in the description is definitely true and I get a bit of melon in the end.

8. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Just cracked open a SN Hop Bullet. Love this beer.

Fletchaaa likes this.
  9. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

They got in more today so I had to, never had any of these so really excited to try them.

Attached Files:

Joe4th likes this.
  10. jbaseball44

Who Watches The Watchmen? Supporter

snagged a bunch of new mikkeller beers today (hazy for you, bro more mango, bumpin this thread) and some other half stuff (fruit daydream, space daydream)

11. PepsiOne

Formerly PepsiOne Supporter

Picked up a Great Divide Yeti, Speedway Stout and Allagash Curieux for tonight. Have only opened the Speedway Stout so far but it’s real good.

chewbacca110 and Joe4th like this.
  12. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

The other two are really good too

13. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Yeti is one of my favorites. If you happen to see the Barrel Aged Yeti - do not hesitate to pick that bad boy up.

14. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Once you go Julius you never go back

Fletchaaa likes this.
  15. broken22

(:

I was able to find the Abita Madi Gras bock today, it's hard to get in PA but it's easily one of my favorite seasonals.

16. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

988F95B4-D5DB-476C-927C-A1FC4EEF881A.jpeg

17. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Fucking delicious

18. Anthony_ Jan 23, 2019
    (Last edited: Jan 23, 2019)
    Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Picked up Part 2 of this Tired Hands/Troon/Half Acre collab today from Tired Hands, along with a 4-pack of Albino Slug. Can’t wait to crack those open.

Also managed to swing by Troon in time to get two cans of their release from today as well, a “hoppy session ale” brewed with Galaxy hops. Stoked.

Ken and Joe4th like this.
  19. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

I hear that the Troon releases are insane. I still haven't gotten over there.

20. Anthony_

This is only the second time I've made it since I found out they were a thing. I live about 30 minutes from there, problem is they tend to open up right around the time I'm getting ready to leave work. Sometimes on a Wednesday I'll try to leave a little early on the off chance they post on Instagram lol.

I will say, the best thing to do is set up a notification on your phone for when they post. I made it so that it doesn't go away either, so I don't ever miss it. As soon as I see that "troonbrewing posted a photo" banner I immediately tense up and put the pedal to the floor lol

21. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

hahah, okay. I might never make it then. I'm about an hour away from them so I don't know if I'll ever get there in time. I'll have to get them on draft at some point hopefully or trade for them.

22. Anthony_

Yeah apparently they keep Brick Farm Tavern in pretty regular supply. Also the food there is supposed to be incredible. I haven't eaten there yet but my brother has and he told me it was one of the best meal's he's ever had.

Depending on the release, the usual window for them selling out is around 45-90 minutes. Yesterday it was like 75. The longest I've ever seen was the barleywine they released last week as Part One of the collab with Tired Hands and Half Acre. That lasted like 110 minutes despite the fact that they were selling 3 bottles per person. Barleywine must not be too popular with people in the area lol. I thought it was really good though. And Tired hands then took the wort from that brew and turned it into a rye IPA.

23. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

A 9% session ale?

bigmike, Anthony_ and Joe4th like this.
  24. Anthony_

BlueEyesBrewing and Joe4th like this.
  25. ncarrab Jan 24, 2019
    (Last edited: Jan 24, 2019)
    ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

My goal in 2019 is to try as many different craft beers as I can. I've always pretty much stuck to craft - but found myself not exploring as much as I could have in the past. On average, I buy two 6-packs a week. So far this month, I've tried 26 different beers that I haven't had before. I live in Northeast Ohio, so a lot of them are local breweries but many are country-wide. Will try and update every month.

Troegs - Hopback Amber Ale
    Rhinegeist - Andromeda
    Saucy Brew Works - B.F. Hefe
    Platform - Speed Merchant IPA
    Harpoon - Dunk Coffee Porter
    Columbus Brewing - Melk Stout
    Brew Dog - Elvis Juice
    Platform - Emo (Barrel Aged S'Mores Imperial Stout)
    21st Amendment - Brew Free or Die IPA
    Market Garden - Nano Lager
    Avery Brewing - White Rascal Belgian Style White Ale
    Lagunitas - Born Yesterday Pale Ale
    Rogue - Yellow Snow Pilsner
    Left Hand Brewing - Milk Stout
    Dogfish - Pennsylvania Tuxedo
    Anchor Brewing - Brewer's Pale Ale
    Flying Dog - English Breakfast Stout
    Ommegang - Rare Vos Amber Ale
    Lost Abbey - Devotion Blonde Ale
    Mad Tree Brewing - Happy Amber