Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Beer Thread • Page 216

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 16, 2016.

1. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

I'm grabbing this on Black Friday

-Lord Whangdoodle
    is our Imperial Chocolate Milk Stout blend aged in maple bourbon, honey bourbon, and bourbon barrels for over a year then conditioned on vanilla and cinnamon A truly unique Imperial Stout, very decadent and complex. Sappy sticky sugary sweetness, decadent chocolates filled with liqueur, baklava, some candied orange peel Perfectly balanced by the toffee finish of the amazing Whangdoodle base beer. Honey is very apparent, blends very well with the maple and bourbon Cinnamon baking spices and vanilla add more balance + complexity. Great holiday beer and standout of the Whangdoodle variants

2. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

I just read that last month. It's truly an incredible and insightful read. Fuck ABI so hard.

momo32t likes this.
  3. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Duke's Brown is also good.

chewbacca110 likes this.
  4. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

my fiancee went to Chicago with her mom a few weeks ago, she brought me back a 2016 BCBS, 2017 BCBS Coffee and Cooper Project #3 from Goose Island. AND a dope shirt. I've never been to Chicago but it's high on my list for sure

momo32t, Joe4th and chewbacca110 like this.
  5. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

this is the Veil, right? that whole release looks insane and wonderful. I wish there were breweries around Philly that did something a little more special for Black Friday - it seems like quite a few breweries are doing some kind of stout day on Friday.

Forest & Main released a stout today and Tired Hands had Only Void day about a month ago (although, those beers were mostly disappointing), but no other breweries (as far as I know) are brewing any type of barrel-aged big bottle stouts for the Thanksgiving season.

6. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Yeah it's their Dark Daze event. Should be pretty crazy, people were lining up at 5pm Thanksgiving last year. LOL. Just worried about the people being there and drinking a bunch of huge >10% stouts.

7. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Was at Goose 3 weeks ago and they didn’t have this years BCBS yet even tho I did a tour and I was disappointed lol

8. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

The Beer Store in Nashua. He also said they're one of the biggest contracts in the state for them so if NH got some he was pretty sure they'd be the store to have them

waking season likes this.
  9. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Oh hey that’s my go-to spot haha, thanks!

10. djwildefire Nov 21, 2018
    (Last edited: Nov 21, 2018)
    djwildefire

Trusted

My local liquor store has been putting their old Perennial 750 mLs (Funky Wit, Glitter & Gold, Aria) on sale for $5.99 a pop and I’m loving it. Not a brewery I buy from that often because they tend to be on the pricy side.

It’s an interesting store in general, too. Not a huge selection, and I don’t think it attracts a large craft beer fan base judging by how long some of their rare bottles last, but they usually have something fresh and interesting to pick up. They have singles of everything they carry at a good price point. Amazingly they’ve been selling Almanac’s canned sours for a buck cheaper than you can get direct from the brewery. But while most stuff is reasonably priced, I saw CBS for $34.99 while Whole Foods across the street is selling it for $23.99 I believe.

11. djwildefire

Trusted

Yes, it’s real good and somewhat style-bending, because you don’t see 9.5% abv saisons every day. To me, it drinks more like a Belgian triple, and although it doesn’t have holiday spices or anything, it is brewed for the holidays.

BlueEyesBrewing likes this.
  12. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Did you grip the F&M beer? I was considering it

13. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

Not sure if you saw this or not
    [​IMG]

14. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Picked up a growler of Cape Cod’s Cranberry Harvest and Naukabout’s cranberry beer and their creamsicle beer in crowlers for today.

15. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

The more I think about it, the more that I don't think I'm going to go hunt down the little BCBS that lands here.

16. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Somehow had an easier time than ever this year with BCBS. Got four bottles of regular and one bottle of vanilla.

bigmike likes this.
  17. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

The vanilla was gone by the time I got there but I grabbed a bottle of the regular. I also had a Tree House Impermanence last night and holy shit it’s the perfect dessert beer.

Joe4th likes this.
  18. momo32t

Trusted

If you were to get just one bottle, what would you recommend? There is a place in midtown NYC that has bottles so I may have no problem getting one.

19. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I haven’t tried any variants this year, but personally the vanilla was the best sounding variant to me this year. Bramble sounds intriguing too.

20. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Picked up barley wine BCBS for 2016-17. Never have had a non regular version before

21. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

Got one bottle of vanilla and put my name in for a raffle to get a bottle of the orange and regular. Apparently all the NH stores got super limited quantities so the store I was able to get the vanilla from had a one bottle total per person of the 3 types (orange, vanilla, regular).

Joe4th and waking season like this.
  22. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

yikes. that's insane. wild that people line up so early for that release cause it seems like they're other beers last over a week on a regular basis.

my friend was in the area and they grabbed it, I haven't tried it yet though.

I was lucky enough to get a pour of 2014 Vanilla Rye yesterday and wow, what an incredible beer.

23. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Thanks for the rec. I went to that brewery (Bold City) and a few others in Jacksonville over the last week: Green Room, Intuition and Wicked Barley. Intuition was my clear favorite because their IPAs were MONEY and very fresh tasting. Wicked Barley had a Belgian quad called The Devil And God Are Raging Inside Me it was delicious

CarpetElf likes this.
  24. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

I'm sure Philly people have already seen, but it seems like all of the decent beer stores are getting Sip of Sunshine as well as Super Session.

OhTheWater likes this.
  25. Enjoying a bottle of CBS for the first time tonight. Delicious.