Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Beer Thread • Page 215

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 16, 2016.

1. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

I try to head down there once every few months. Next time I go I'll try to remember to let you know and I can grab a couple things for you

OhTheWater likes this.
  2. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Thank you!

3. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Pilsner Urquell is my beer equivalent of comfort food. I love this stuff.

4. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

What's everyone's drink list like for Thanksgiving? I've got a few bourbon stouts and some funky/sours but still thinking I need to get a dubbel or similar for the main course, can't decide on that yet.

momo32t and waking season like this.
  5. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

I am going to Jacksonville (from Chicago), so my girlfriend's family is gonna have some Funky Buddha and Cigar City ready to go.

6. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I got a bottle of Wiccan Prayer Circle from Tired Hands and my cousin’s husband and I are going down to Tree House tomorrow.

momo32t and BlueEyesBrewing like this.
  7. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Gonna be drinking natural wine on thanksgiving mostly. Got a mag of this to crack open
    [​IMG]

Also have a sparkling Valdiguié from Cruse Wine Co.

BlueEyesBrewing likes this.
  8. momo32t

Trusted

Been saving Suarez Family Brewery's Domain (Blend 2) for a couple months and Turkey Day seems like a good time to crack it.

As far as the night before, probably bringing down some Other Half IPAs to my parents house.

9. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

I put together a small sour tasting for my cousin and her husband every year and this year I'm bring 5 bottles from The Referend, aka the most slept on brewery in the country. Fully spontaneous brewery here in NJ that is putting out insane beer after insane beer.

10. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

This is me at holidays

11. djwildefire

Trusted

I really like North Coast’s Cranberry-Quince Berliner for Thanksgiving time. Might have a Stone Xocoveza as well.

bigmike, waking season and irthesteve like this.
  12. djwildefire

Trusted

Not a dubbel but what about Dupont’s Avec Les Bons Voeux?

bigmike likes this.
  13. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Xocoveza is a great call

djwildefire likes this.
  14. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I'll be at the Lions game but my mom pays for my drinks on Thanksgiving so I'll be having whatever craft they have there. Probably M-43.

They usually have Bourbon County on tap each Thanksgiving and that's always a nice treat. Not looking forward to hunting down bottles of it on Friday since Michigan is somehow getting even less this year again

momo32t, bigmike and waking season like this.
  15. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

the number of bottles around philly seems like a lot less as well. not sure if they slowed down production in order to build hype again or if it's been expanding to more bottle shops, bars, and beer distributors so everyone's getting less.

been trying to actively avoid AB inBev, but I'm probably going to break that this year and go to the tappings at a bar near me. they'll be tapping the 2014 vanilla rye which I would really love to try.

Joe4th likes this.
  16. Joe4th

Would kill for Vanilla rye, have heard such great things about it.

I know they base their BCBS allocation off other Goose sales. Which since there's so many other options in MI, nobody buys Goose here.

17. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

I've never had that before but it sounds delicious. Gonna have to see if I can find it somewhere

djwildefire likes this.
  18. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I wish we got Rochefort in NH, it would be the perfect Thanksgiving dinner beer

bigmike likes this.
  19. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

I talked to the closest beer store by me and they said they heard rumors they might actually get a variant or two of BCBS this year for once. That'll be nice if it's true and I can actually snag one

Joe4th and waking season like this.
  20. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Which store was it if you don’t mind me asking? I’d love to get my hands on some

21. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Lansing sucks for BCBS because goose is sold by big distributors all over the state EXCEPT in Lansing where it’s sold by a smaller distributor so their numbers always look terrible because the territory is so small. So lansing only gets bcbs and that’s it.

Joe4th likes this.
  22. Joe4th

We just need to go to Chicago one year

23. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

@bigmike @Joe4th Come to my neck of the woods and let's go to some great beer breweries.

I am going to Old Irving Brewing tonight for the Barrel-Aged Krampus Cookies release party. I have 2 bottle preordered for sharing over the holidays.

Joe4th likes this.
  24. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

ah, I didn't realize that. makes sense though. I never buy Goose Island anymore, but I'll be changing that with the variants this year.

25. momo32t

Trusted

With the release this year, I may finally start this book I have been holding onto. It details ABI's manifest destiny approach to craft beer. Aptly titled "Barrel Aged Stout and Selling Out"

Josh Noel